campral and zoloft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

campral and zoloft

Hi, I have had a week on Campral, and no wine! Felt great and thought I could cold turkey the zoloft. I have been on a roller coaster of wine and 25mg zoloft for 6years. Drink, being an antidepressant, zoloft to pick me up again the next day. So this week, i stopped the zoloft because I felt good without alcohol...untill today...couldnt stop
    crying..so have just taken 25mg zoloft. I realize now that you still have to taper off gently..even though I am alcolhol free..has anybody else had the similar problem? thanks

campral and zoloft

Well, Pea, please taper the Zoloft under doctor's supervision!!! You may need it even if you aren't drinking. Drinking does screw with your serotonin, but drinking works primarily on dopamine, and the zoloft works primarily on serotonin!!!

Check out some of CV's threads under research about supplements, and maybe if you start with some supplements, you may be able to wean off of the Zoloft. But still, do it with your doc's supervision!!!

I take Serzone, and I have been able to cut back to the lowest therapeutic dose in the last few years, but I still get a little "squirrelly" if I go below that!

Unfortunately, they are starting to find that some people have an extraordinarily difficult time getting off of antidepressants, so hang in there!!! And great job on the drinking!!!

Hugs,
    Kathy
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

campral and zoloft

Hang in there!

Pea,

I agree with Kathy. Going "cold turkey" off an antidepressant can be difficult and painful. I have been on Celexa for 8 years... a couple of years ago I figured I was taking too much medication and decided Celexa was one of the ones I could cut. Within 3 or 4 days I was bursting into tears for no reason.

That's not to say you can't get off the Zoloft -- but you should do it under a doctor's supervision and do it slowly. No need to put your body and brain through any unnecessary chemical trauma. You are probably going through enough change right now just with the addition of Campral and the subtraction of alcohol.

Anyway -- congratulations on your abstinence, and I wish you continued success.

Mike
      "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

campral and zoloft

Mike, I too cold turkeyed off of Celexa, and it was a bad trip.
        Meow-Meow
        MonaKitty

Comment

campral and zoloft

I have been on lithium orotate after being on prozac off and on for about 10 years, it is working great. You can try it risk free under the name "serenity". i like it because it is a natural form and it has no side effects. it also helps control drinking!

saundra

Comment

campral and zoloft

thankyou everyone for advise...hmm..I slipped again though...I am thinking of trying Antabuse. If I knew i would be feeling very unwell if I DID drink, I definitely wouldn't! I feel on Topamax, and Campral, I dont suffer if I do have a glass of wine, or, two, or.....I think I need something tougher to make me stop.

Comment

Working...
            X