Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any martial artists ?

hello,

just guessed, ther may be some martial artists around here.

Please, share your experiences, your training tips, and we'll try to get some "kime" out of it.

Regards. oss.

klingsor

Any martial artists ?

My oldest son (21) has a black belt in Hapkido & Shotokan Karate. ( 1st degree ). IAD
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Any martial artists ?

beautiful, I trained shotokan for a long time. Never tried hapkido, but wished I did.

regards

Comment

Any martial artists ?

I used to play hours of hacky sack! :H
        I can still kick much higher than my own head... (did a lot of gymnastics too)
        Unfortunately my knees aren't what they used to be...:upset:

But I certainly admire & respect the art...
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Any martial artists ?

Im old now [ 51 ] but when I was younger, in 1982, I earned a black belt in Karate..Style was ''form of the dragon'' taught by Master Anderson of Michigan..Took me only two years to acheive this too, as I was really dedicated to the advancement in this sport..

I signed up for my 2ond degree black belt but only went to a few classes and dropped out..Partying must have been more important to me than acheiving advancement in a sport I really enjoyed.

Now with a very bad right knee [ needs replacement ] and overweight [ 270 lbs ] I could never coincider myself a black belt,even though I do occasionally hit the heavy bag in the basement from time/time.

I enjoy most martial art movies too, and after I watch them, makes me want to get back into the sport.

Comment

Any martial artists ?

Ahhhh Grasshopper....Ha! IAD
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Any martial artists ?

My son also has a Black Belt in Hapkido, and my Rottie Berit has a red collar with studs in 'Don't bite that weird man yet!' My best protection to date!!!!!!!!!
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Any martial artists ?

ACE my Chi....has black belt too ! ha! IAD.
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Any martial artists ?

I'm a black belt and I'll kick your ass IAD LOL
                  Starting over again
                  ray:

Comment

Any martial artists ?

lifelong martial artist and enthusiast here. started off with various Chinese systems: Jow Ga, San Soo, Fut Ga Kin.

last 10 years I've been mostly studying Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (got my blue under Relson Gracie) and just the last couple months I've been studying traditional Muay Thai under an excellent teacher from the Master Toddy camp. in fact I'm having trouble walking today thanks to an excellent sparring bout last night. back at it tomorrow afternoon
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                    X