Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday, August 14th!!

Happy Monday, Absville!

Well, okay, Monday's aren't always "happy"--but I bet this one is for all of you who made it through an abs weekend! Whew!! Well done!!

And for anyone who wanted to be abs this weekend but didn't manage to do it--hey, here's a whole new week for you to continue to rack up abs days... No "starting over" here--just continuing on the journey!

So, I'm back in NYC (hence the change in color)--I had such a wonderful time in Vermont--not only because it IS beautiful there and I love our little community, but because I was clear-eyed and clear-headed enough to really be PRESENT for it all....

Even the things that have irritated me in the past (okay, the things that sent me into a frenzied rage!), even THOSE things seem less bothersome now. I have to say, though, that in my early abs days I found everything to be MORE irritating...it was as if I was just really, really raw and exposed and oh, SO sensitive...I basically hurt all over--inside and out...:upset:

But guess what? I somehow grew a new "skin" and now I feel much more able to deal with the sh*t life throws at me! Before I started abs I used to wake up in a terrified sweat, so anxious I literally could not get out of bed--except to get a tumbler of wine... I totally shudder when I think about how unbelievably miserable and unhappy I was just four months ago...I was truly just a pathetic shell of my real self....And, now, here I am feeling like a member of the human race again!

Let me just say that I highly recommend it!!

Okay--let's have something inspiring for the week.... Hmmm, let's see now...what about:

" I set before you life or death, blessing or curse. Therefore choose life." (Deuteronomy 30:19)

Yeah, let's do it!! Let's choose LIFE!!
    :h
    susan
    "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Monday, August 14th!!

Ditto Kaths.... CHOOSE LIFE...XXXX

p.s why is NYC purple?

Liz
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Monday, August 14th!!

That has got me - all the posts from yesterday, from Clevvs, Gabby and Kathy are So inspiring

I have an unopened bottle of wine in my fridge... and it's 20 past 12 in the day and I have drunk One glass of wine today which I didn't drink last night because passed out. . So I can completely appreciate the rawness and I AM a shell of my former self... Need to find that chap again...
      So Plan for today... Open the bottle of wine- drink one more glass... Throw the rest down the sink.
      Be sick for 1 day. in 4 days time - hospital again....
      Or... wait for my V to come - ( but highly sceptical - d'ya reckon it'll just be chalk? )
      Stuck between a rock and a hard place.
      See , I swing from one side to the other , like a pendulum.

Well it helps just getting it off my chest
      So hope everyone is having a lovely Lemony Monday XXXX

Will let you know of further happenings here in Little Britain !!
      xxxx

Bambs aka Hydrogen

Comment

Monday, August 14th!!

The early bird gets the worm! Susan, you get it today!!

I choose life and blessings. ...Isn't it great that we get to choose?

I watched a program yesterday on HGTV about making outdoor rooms on the roof of buildings in New York. Cool....I could imagine you NY peeps enjoying them!
        The thought did enter my mind that you would want to be very sober and not get near the edge!

OK ...a new week on the farm....
        Goals:
        Stay out of the wine.
        Work on new raised beds.
        One more batch of veggie soup or salsa.
        Post every day.
        Attack the weeds...the rain brought them out!
        Finish reading "The Devil Wears Prada".Funny book!
        Clean out and organize one drawer or closet a day.
        Listen to cds every day.
        Gotta go and get started!

I hope you all have a good Monday .

Nancy and Belle
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Monday, August 14th!!

Forgot to mention you Nancy - I did get that slurp from Baby Belle... it cheered me up no end. !!!! xxxx My Daisy is sitting on my lap as I type - licks back to you from her !!! Millie is still in bed and it is nearly 1 o'clock !!! That's teenage doggies for you !!!

Your recipe for the day is inspiring...

Love Liz :l
          XXX

Bambs aka Hydrogen

Comment

Monday, August 14th!!

Good morning Bambs.....we were posting at the same time so I hadn't read your post before.

I do understand the mood swings. I do that also. I think mine are a lot better if I choose not to drink....I KNOW they are....
            Are you drinking enough water?

You CAN do this.

:l Nancy & Baby Belle:l

Comment

Monday, August 14th!!

Hi Nancy - think we were typing again at the same time... - I wake up every night at the moment - 3 AM... dreaming of bacon butties. But go into the kitchen and guzzle , say, 2 glasses of water - like there's no tomorrow... but during the day - no , I don't drink water- just wine. Baaaad. And since I've started again, my skin on my hands have gone kind of peely... You know? like flaky. And that's what the man said to me at my interview for the rehab place asked me.... And it's not normal. Do you know... I am really considering Leebrays place. I have read loads of posts that just are so positive.
              See I'm a sceptic, but if you have so many positives then - there must truth in there... Because I don't think I can do this alone... been ( and going ) through the mill. Gosh - I'm harping on again - I just seem to talk about Me Me ME.

Anyway. Enough about ME. Full Stop.

Bambs aka Hydrogen

Comment

Monday, August 14th!!

Hey there Bambino, If you are working on you ya hafta talk about you.
                dont stop......ok? gabby
                It rained so attack the weeds.
                Gabby :flower:

Comment

Monday, August 14th!!

Hey there Bambino, If you are working on you ya hafta talk about you.
                  dont stop......ok? gabby
                  [It rained so attack the weeds.]

Comment

Monday, August 14th!!

Hey Gabbs - those bloody weeds comin attcha !!!

Do you know,,, Little Daisy's favourite toy is a trowel in the garden... never mind your squeaky bones or balls - A Trowel !!! She claws it and then and carries it around in her mouth as if she had the Crown Jewels there...
                    So I think she is a budding Alan Titchmarsh ( UK peeps will get that - he's a gardener on TV over here !! ) So - If you need a helping hand with those weeds... Daisy's your girl !!! Say the word, and she'll be out to you with Trusty Trowel in tow !!! ( Try saying that when your pi**ed ! )

Hope youz ok XXXXX
                    Oh P S Just bought Topa from an old post that I have just read - half the price of inhousepharmacy and no VAT or Inland Revenue charges..

So steps in the right direction - -

Bambs aka Hydrogen

Comment

Monday, August 14th!!

Good....I like weeds!!!! (lol) Bring it on Bambs

Comment

Monday, August 14th!!

I just ordered some supps from vitacost and they have good prices. I got my Magma Plus in a larger container too.

I need Daisy to come over and teach Baby Belle how to HELP in the garden. All she wants to do is bite the shovel while I'm digging!

Hey Gabby.....can I send you my weeds? 60 acres worth!:l

Nancy & Belle(she does EAT the weeds sometimes)

Comment

Monday, August 14th!!

Gabbs... How many cig papers do you have? LOL :H

And no wonder Belle-Baby is turning into Dutch Cheese ( Creamy and yummy - with a hint of Nutter ) !!! .... I think she needs a flight to Amsterdam. - And I mean only for the cheese ( or Very Suspicious cakes !! )

Bambs aka Hydrogen

Comment

Monday, August 14th!!

Oh THAT kind of weed!!

An older lady brought me a plant that looks like that!! She swears its not but it makes me nervous. Its sitting right out in the open too!
                            We've had the drug folks fly over and use special equipment to look at our farm!

My red orka really got their attention!!:H

Never tried any of the weed stuff.....I think some of my neighbors do that and cook up meth too!

Personally I don't need any extra addictions.

I saw your post on going to the clinic, Bambs.....I hope it works out for you. Keep us posted.

Nancy

Comment

Monday, August 14th!!

You can do it Bambino!!!!

I am on Day 14. Whew. Sober concert going is excellent. Boyfriend drinking all day when you're not is somewhat annoying.

Today is my dog's seventh birthday. She does not drink, so no need to toast her!

Scale is down four pounds. That is vacation weight. Now I'm down to "normal." I'd like to be down another 11 pounds or so. I reckon that means more abs for me!

I'm am pleased it's Monday and pround I made it through the weekend!
                              Diane M.

Comment

Working...
                              X