The Easy Way to Stop Drinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

by Alan Carr. It has really caught my interest.
    Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
    Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
    10 days - Sept 13, 2012
    2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
    Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
    AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
    Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

is the answer to plug up your throat!!!???

Comment

This book definitely made a difference in my ability to quit. It shares a different perspective on alcohol, promotes the concept that alcohol is poison. The reviews on Amazon.com caught my eye, I bought it, and it helped.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I used his Easy Way to Quit Smoking book.....it worked VERY well for me. I am 7weeks+ today without a cigarette. I am not using NRT either. I feel so FREE now that I no longer have AL or NIC to weigh me down. I hope that remains to be the story of my life forever? Krigs
        "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

It is an excellent book. It didn't make me quit drinking, but thats not the books fault. I still refer to it all the time. I love the way he writes. Very interesting analogies. A definate must read.

R2C
          Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
          :h

Comment

Sober since yesterday. Quit smoking also...........24 hrs???????????????

Comment

bouchard01;581183 wrote: by Alan Carr. It has really caught my interest.
              Read the Book on New Years Day havent had a drink since. I am convinced I am taking poison.

Comment

Well when you think it's the ethanol that gives us that good feeling and ethanol is in gas, it makes a person think, what the hell??
                Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."

AF - Sept 4, 2012
                10 days - Sept 13, 2012
                2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

ordered the book yesterday...even though i don't currently drink, i figure one can never have a large enough arsenal against their biggest foe!

thanks bouchard

Comment

I just read some reviews of this on Amazon.com ... was wondering if anyone could summarize his approach before I order? Does this involve taking any supplements? I know some approaches recommend this (e.g., Seven Weeks to Sobriety, My Way Out), but I can't tolerate some of them, so can't necessarily go that route.

Comment

i don't think so twinkie, i believe it's psychological...sort of a way of training your brain?

let's see what people who have read it say...or i'll come back tomorrow when i get the book and fill you in.

Comment

No, no supplements. It just changes the way you think about alcohol.
                        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Great read, but no easy way to stop drinking

This book had a huge influence on me, not in making me stop drinking but in changing my mindset about it.

His theory is that we have a lot of misconceptions about what drinking does for us and why we need it to fit into society. These are all not true and he does a job job in making his case about that.

So he addresses a lot of the psychological issues but not really the physical part of addiction. It's a good read if most of your roadblocks are not about having a major physical addiction, but in feeling like you can't cope socially without alcohol.

Comment

I'm in the middle of reading it so can't answer any questions yet ....

AF - Sept 4, 2012
                            10 days - Sept 13, 2012
                            2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I quit a 2 pack a day smoking addiction with Carr's "Easy Way to Stop Smoking".. that was in July, 2007 and i have never wanted one since, it was like a miracle.

I also credit his "Easy Way to Stop Drinking" with my current sobriety, AF since December 2008.

The books deal with the mental aspects of addiction. They help you see that you are not giving anything up and are not depriving yourself; alcohol has absolutely no benefits and the problems it "solves" are problems it actually "causes." That drink you are taking is relieving the withdrawal symptoms from the last drink, so if you don't drink, you don't need to drink! Amazing : ) And it works.. I don't have alcohol cravings anymore and rarely think about drinking *knock wood*

So... I feel these books saved my life and my health, I'd say they are pretty good : )

Love,

Doodlebug
                              :sun::heart::h:heart:

"My Happiness is Not Dependent on a Poisonous Chemical Depressant."

Comment

Working...
                              X