Can I start Campral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I start Campral

I have almost two days AF. Can I start campral? I was drinking 6-8 beers a night. Also, is it normal to feel like you have absolutely no energy for weeks after getting sober? I also have a terrible anxiety condition that might be adding to the fatigue. I had a year sober and still had episodes of severe fatigue. Dr said it's the anxiety. I think it's a combination of AF and anxiety. Anyone have any opinions?

Can I start Campral

It's definitely part of withdrawal. I have cut back drastically for a few days and I can hardly hold my head up or think a solid thought. It's your brain readjusting; you may notice your sleep patterns changing-I sleep in spurts these days, but it's a deep, dream filled sleep, and in the morning I am beat. But it does get better as time goes on!

I think with Campral you are supposed to wait 4+ days (AF) but I know some people who have started after 2 and have been successful.

Good luck! I have taken it and found it quite helpful!

Ann

Comment

Can I start Campral

I started Campral the very first day I decided to go AF. I'm on day 5 and feeling strong. I made it 34 days AF before (I blew it) and I also started the first AF day. I'm rather cheap so after taking them I tell myself, u want to by booze too, when u just took those expensive Campral! LOL Good luck hon and welcome

Comment

Can I start Campral

To Ann

Finally someone who can identify with what I go through when I go off the Alcohol. Yes, I tried to stop numerous times but that fatigue and loss of concentration and not being able to keep your head up sends me right back to picking up. It's a horrendous feeling.The weird thing about my drinking is that when I go back to it my brain chemistry seems to go back to normal. Can you relate? I also have the dreams you described. They are so friggin errie. If this is all from the alcohol I really have to try and stop totally. It's just that I have this love/hate relationship with it that is so sick. It's like having a relationship with a person who is abusing the hell out of you and you keep going back for more punishment. Can you relate to that also? I would like to here back from you with your thoughts.
        Jack

Comment

Can I start Campral

bump

Comment

Can I start Campral

I think what you are describing is fairly common. WHen you pick up a drink, you are stopping the withdrawal process and going back to what your brain is used to! I, too, find my energy comes flooding back and I get all cheery and hyper. That is, until I crash, pass out and feel like crap the next day, only to repeat the whole process over and over. The trick is, and one I'm really trying to master, is to stay quit for enough days that the fatigue lessens, energy returns, etc. Eating well, exercising, taking vitamins, all help. But there's no way around a certain amount of misery during the first few days, if you've been a heavy drinker.

I kind of like the deep, heavy, sweaty sleep. I wake up, but don't need to grab a glass of wine or take a sleeping pill, because I go right back into another dream! Last night I dreamed my friend had a full sized swimming pool in her living room and I was astounded she could keep it so clean, when the rest of her apartment was a mess and filled with thousands of pairs of her husband's jeans! Who knows?! Many of them are filled with anxiety, though, trying to dial 911 when I can't get the phone to work, etc. But I'm an anxious person and that's probably not related to AL or lack of AL!

Feel free to PM me if you want, just click on my iris photo and I think that will allow you to do that. Though writing on this forum will help others who share our experiences!

I am still practically asleep and have to cook dinner for my kids and probably get involved in some homework. May try to avoid that!

My very best to you. Keep writing!

Ann

Comment

Can I start Campral

And you will find tons of posts about the love/hate relationship with AL. I think it's universal. We love the effects, or some of them, and then hate the end results. It's a downward spiral, no way around it, though. My intake has increased dramatically from a few years ago when 3 glasses of wine was too much! Oh for those days! Now I know I really have to stop, because the problem has become severe. Damnit.

Ann

Comment

Working...
              X