Good Monday Morning ALL August 14th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy is this month flying by or what? Just finished slurping down my all in one with some orange-mango juice - thank goodness for that magic bullet blender it sure makes that stuff smoother! Gulped down all of my morning supplements as well. It's a cool 61 degrees here this morning with low humidity - so nice for a change! I'm doing pretty well going into week four but --- I'm challenging myself this week - no more than 2 cocktails each night and then next week at least 2 AF nights during the week. And I started out determined to walk - the weather got hot and it went by the wayside so I've got to get motivated to do that again. Gosh this got long - hope you all have a great day! Where has everyone been anyway???
    Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
    Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
    Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
    : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
    "

Happy Monday All Moderators!

Here is my message from the Universe this morning.

Tell me, can there really be any such thing as a mistake, when you're only dreaming?

You're drooling, darling -
    The Universe

Trish, to me it sounds like you are weaning yourself off of heavy drinking. I think doing that really helps, everyday that you follow your plan brings you that much closer to never going overboard. I applaud you. I understand that "way to hot" to exercise. Here in New Mexico most of us have swamp coolers rather than central air. Since we have had one of the wettest summers on record, those coolers really don't work. Just add more water to the air. I think you are doing this the smart way!!

Judie, glad you had a great week!

Gotta run a client just popped in!

Comment

Hello everyone
      Feeling good today - havent been posting as much as usual because I have been SO busy at work, but maybe that is okay because it means my head doesnt get into so many wierd spaces.
      I have been thinking a lot about this whole "habit" thing and wow its amazing what a major role habits play in my life. I mean, even when i dont really "want" a drink its amazing how I will be tempted to reach for one because thats what I am "supposed" to want on a saturday night...hmmm...amazing how i can be my own worst enemy....I guess the key is about breaking the habits and creating new ones...this is my challenge this month. I have decided that my focus should be less on Rules per se and more on creating healthier and different habits because this journey is teaching me just how much of a role habits play in my own life.
      Anyways my friends, hope everyone is doing well.
      Thinking of you all, sending out good vibes
      Hugs
      Jen
      Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Hi again,

Tough part of having clients right here in the buiding. They have a tendency to drop in my office with a project rather than call with the info or to make an appointment.

Jen, you just hit it on the head. Not so much plan per day but plan for life as building different habits come into play. For me it is the habit as when I have had some alcohol as of late, I have not found it to be that great. I am losing my taste for it.

Laura, Chrysa and MaryAnne Hope all is going well with you guys.

Soccermom Mary - another week of school, I imagine that everyone is starting to settle in. I hope it is a great one!

Saturday I had one scotch but closer to 2 shots in it.
        Rode the bike for 20 minutes.
        Yesterday AF.
        rode the bike for 30 mintues.

I have been drinking way more water than I thought. Our well/pump had some trouble this weekend so bought the bottled water and had some 20 oz ones around. Geez went through 5 of those on Saturday evening and night. so that makes 100 oz right there for the evening.

Didn't really do anything special for myself on Saturday. However Sunday, I stopped a local yarn shop and bought a pattern book and some mohair and metallic yarn to make a really pretty "evening poncho" for my mom. I spent 3 hours over there with my parents yesterday. My mom asked me to do her nails, and I realized she is starting to feel well enough that she wants to look good again. anyways, back to the knitting, I thought I have cut back on my cigarettes to 3-5 a day, they are always in the evening. so if I remained AF or one drink and started cutting back on smoking until I didn't really want cigarettes anymore that would be a good thing to. Tough to smoke and drink while you are knitting. Habit, habit, habit, I keep telling myself that is what it is.

I know we are really thinking through how to be successful with this and I feel quite blessed to be here with all of you great mods!
        Hugs and Love,
        Mary

Comment

Hi guys,
          Yes, definately the habit, and I totally agree with re-programming the old brain...For instance, I am exhausted tonight--and could probably make it one of the first AF nights in a long time...but I see the night that lies ahead of me...dinner for the kids, baths, make lunches for tomorrow...somewhere in there I'll probably slip in that (habitually) glass of (moderate) wine....don't need to..but.....Habit. I'll break it one of these nights..that's why I'm proud of you Trish for putting in your Plan some AF nights and your mkr-Mary many AF nights...Jen--I know I read you're up to 125mg topa?? is that right? I've been at 100 for awhile..greatly reduced cravings and side effects minimum...I wonder if it would be a big difference to up it? RJ's book says go from 100 to 150...Maybe I could just have some self -control?? How about that??
          My water intake has been pretty good too---proud of you Mkr on that!
          Trish---weather sounds nice there---Hot here in Texas still!! too hot!
          Love you all, you know that!
          sm-mary

Comment

hi all

Hot hot hot here too in Tallahassee!! YUCK!! I am AF tonight, ALMOST stopped off for a beer, but my liver needs a rest, the trip to PA was a hard one on me.............drank wayyyyyy too much (not mod at ALL!!) I really tried though! was at 110 mg of topa too!! Then forgot to take a couple days , REALLY lucky nothing happened!!

Hope everyone had a great Monday, and tomorrow is just as wonderful!!

Good night all!!:l :h

Love ya all!!!

Mary Anne

Comment

Working...
            X