• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mod Squad Weekly Thread for March 30th

Good Morning Modders,
    Up early with the girlie...
    A big breakfast and then off to school.
    We take her back out at 9:30 for an orthodontist appointment.
    HE SAYS THE BRACES COME OFF TODAY!!!
    We'll see.
    ~Kid~
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
    ~ Charles Spurgeon

Kid - where have you been?!!! Been worried about you. That's great that the braces come off today!

I'm home alone today - determined not to drink though. Despite the fact there are 6 bottles of wine, a bottle of rum and half a bottle of whiskey in the house.

The thoughts have been driving me nuts!
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hi Again Vlad!

Kid - what happened with the wild cows?????
      Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Hey Sweats!!!

Forgot to mention that this month (meaning April) I will be vigilant about using the Drink Tracker - think it would to see all the Mod Squad on there for April actually.

Sorry, am I dictating???

It's a habit, sorry.
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Vlad???

Vlad:What did you do; rob a liquor store???
          Are we going to watch all those bottles disappear on "Drinktracker"?:H
          Save some for May.
          Betty
          :Freezer full of overly lean beef (I think they were wild too long!)
          ~Kid~

PS:I'll be back on the tracker. I was out of town for a week and it kind of petered out.
          Let's start fresh in April??!!
          It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
          ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Kid Shelleen;582587 wrote:
            Are we going to watch all those bottles disappear on "Drinktracker"?:H
            Yeah, if I post a 2, it'll mean I had two bottles that day! :H

No seriously, it felt like I was drinking everyday last month (I wasn't) but it felt like it, I was getting 2-3 days a week AF but I didn't feel like I was trying much and because I wasn't on the Drink Tracker it became an excuse not to.

Comment

It's funny, I want it to be April NOW!

Comment

Great to see you back Kid!!

Vladster, stay close tonight, K!! Have you got any plans after practice tonight?

Hiya Betty!!

I dont have anything exciting to report, I'm still busy baking for the funeral tomorrow and also starting to dust the camping gear off for this weekend. I am soooo NOT a natural camper, but I will enjoy myself, I will have fun.... etc.
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Yeah, going to write some comic strip panels.

I love camping, haven't been in ages as we need a new tent.

Comment

Hi guys. I am going to giver moderation a try! Vlad gave some excellent advice that I need to create a plan and stick to it. I will be mulling over what and how I go about this!

:new:

Comment

:welcome:

Welcome Cori - glad to have you on board.

Comment

Hey all- Good Monday to you!
                        Welcome, Cori
                        Glad you're back Kid
                        vlad- should you take all that stuff out of the house? Sounds too tempting
                        Deebs-camping is cool! Being outside in God's beauty is always a treat.
                        I'm doing great-still AF so should I move on over to the AF boards? I enjoy all of you so much but might not have enough to contribute here right now.
                        Have a great day. I'm off to work and prepare for a show.
                        Blessings
                        Toughen up!

Comment

Hi DM - yeah it is tempting but the wine isn't in the fridge so I'm just going to ignore it. I've bought some Shloer Red Grape and that is in the fridge - made sure that was the priority when I got home.

Comment

Hi Everybody,
                            A cold March day, but April is around the corner.

Cori, Welcome! I see you have been around awhile, but not posted a lot. Have you put in some AF time? That is always a good first step.

Delta Moon, we would miss you but hanging out with other AF people makes sense. Of course we love you and want you to stay, but do what is best for you.

Vlad, I too have wine in the house that my husband drinks. Most of it is locked in our wine cellar. He has been locking it for several years, to reduce my temptation. I have thought of telling him that he can unlock it now, but what's the point?

Betty, seems like you are figuring out this moderation thing in a manner that makes you comfortable.

Deebs, I used to go camping but now I'm too old and stiff to sleep anywhere but on a good mattress. I'm grateful that hotels have improved that feature in recent years.

Take care, all
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Welcome Cori!!
                              The thing about Modding is that if your first plan doesn't work, change it and get a new plan together. There is some fantastic advice and ideas in some of the older threads here, have a dig around.

DM, I can understand where you are coming from but please don't feel you have to move over to AF. We support you and want to know what is happening in your life whether you are Mod or AF... I care about you!

Hi Sun, Vlad, Kid and all to come.

Hope you all have a fantastic last day of the month -- can you believe tomorrow is April!!??!!
                              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
                              X