Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling Overwhelmeled

OK Sistas?- this is Trish ?

Really not good day today. So, I guess, here?s what I?d like to know. Are we here to just spread sunshine and flowers or help? I set a goal of 2 drinks a night this week. Way over that goal already. Way busy at work. Feel overwhelmed. I can?t seem to get organized. Tired. Exercise does not sound like something I can accomplish right now. Taking all supplements and topra. Please give advice. Thanks?
    Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
    Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
    Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
    : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
    "

Feeling Overwhelmeled

Trish--last night I was on my second glass of wine...was going to have just one...came to read the posts and read yours about being overwhelmed...yes, we are! Overwhelmed that is. You know, why is it that I say I was going to have one glass, ended up with 2?? My not seem like a lot, but not what I wanted to do..It seems so much some times. You know, I figure we are a lot of things to each other. We're support, we're here to tell each other that we feel overwhelmed. We're here to spread sunshine. I sometimes feel like we're each other's cheerleaders, because frankly, I could use some cheerleaders in my life. When the team is down we cheer harder and when they're winning we cheer even harder....I think that helps just knowing there is someone out there cheering for us...Rah! For US!! Trish, I love you...DON'T be so hard on yourself!!
    Sm-mary

Comment

Feeling Overwhelmeled

Here's what I figured out this morning (Sorry for the Length!)

Good morning-Thanks for your reply sm Mary - I don't feel as bad this morning as I probably deserve to,probably thanks to the good vitamins and supplements and I was at least smart enough to pour the last one down the drain. Last night's little melt down was, I think, about "relaxation and/or reward". The company I work for is full of great people and has lots of great benefits - they treat you like adults and let you do you job, etc, etc... They are, however, very "thrifty" (read 'cheap') we need one more person in my department but they dont want to let me hire one at this point so I'm working a regular work week and at least part of each week end day - ack! It's interesting work but I think everyone reaches a burnout point. I also feel I'm not being paid enough for the schedule I keep which adds to the stress - I need to ask for a raise but I need time to prepare for the meeting to ask for the raise, where will I find the time...on and on...you get it.. Thus the reward and relaxation is that wonderful and calming scotch and soda at the end of the day. I am sure open to suggestions if any of you have any. I feel like we've become good friends even though we're spread all over the globe. PLEASE let me know your thoughts! (Now you see the reason for my quote from Ginger at the bottom!! lolol)
      Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"

Comment

Feeling Overwhelmeled

I'm with you 100%!! Sounds bad from a Mom/teacher--but after a day with kids--I want nothing more than to sit down and have that reward of a glass of calming wine...however, our problem is that it's not just the one glass---that's why we're here...sigh! Mine was the one bottle! Tell me about your job!! What do you do??
        Mkr--forgot to tell you Thanks for the Universe website.
        I have to get to school but will get back to you this afternoon----as you are my dear friends too!!!!
        sm-mary

Comment

Feeling Overwhelmeled

Here it is..don't fall asleep while reading lolol

Hi SM Mary ? I?m a corporate relocation and client services director for a residential real estate company in Omaha. We work with people all over the country who are relocating into or out of the Omaha area. Believe it or not, we have several Fortune 500 companies headquartered here! Lots of companies will ?buy out? their employees if their homes don?t sell within a certain amount of time, say 60-90 days. The employee gets his equity money and the corporation owns the home. That?s where a large part of my job comes in ? I manage these ?corporate inventory? listings until they sell. I do all the reporting and take pictures to send to the corporate client, arrange for updating and painting, cleaning, carpet cleaning, lawn care, snow removal, utilities, getting the home listed with one of our agents, etc, etc., etc. Since the real estate market is pretty soft right now, our corporate inventory just continues to grow and grow. (Are you bored yet? Lolol) I am a salaried individual so no overtime for me and when the home sells ? the money goes to the company. In my spare time, I try to work with our agents to educate them in relocation, supervise a staff of two, keep track of Internet leads, etc etc. Makes for a full day. It?s fun but can sometimes get to be a bit much. Hey! Thanks for asking!
          Trish In Omaha

"

Comment

Feeling Overwhelmeled

Hello All Mods,

Here is my note from the Universe today:

Do you know what tickles me?

Besides you.

For every single time-space manifestation, from catching a cold to the accumulation of massive personal wealth, a shifting of props and persons must be choreographed from here with mind-boggling precision. Taking into account not only all of your other thoughts, beliefs and expectations as they change from moment to moment, but those of everyone else on the planet, so that not one of you, not one, is ever denied getting exactly what they think about.

And to answer the often unasked question, "Yes, you can still have it all, no matter what others in your life might think, say or do."

Talk about multi-tasking -
            The Universe

Trish, I emailed you a private message as this was getting so long! Anyway, we are all here for you! You are doing wonderfully!

Trish, I was feeling the exact same way when it came to my reward at the end of the day. I often find it is easier to choose AF than one or two unless I start them after dinner. On a full stomach it is a bit easier to ignore that calling bottle. Also, sounds like scotch is your favorite . . .yes? I have decided for the moment . . . no straight rum is in the house, by that I mean there are flavored rums in the house which I do not like so having them in the house is not such a big threat to my sobriety. I switched to wine. I am not super crazy about wine but over a week or so went through one small bottle of it before I decided that I liked AF rather than a glass of wine and have to count that wine for the day. When I have gone out, I have not had hard alcohol, just the glass of wine. It last longer than most peoples wine. Trish, you are doing great on the program and I think new enough that you are still coming to grips with the habit and the triggers. That second side of the second tape is fairly quick. I was coming home and listening to that one often when first starting out. I am not saying I won't fall just that removing some temptations and rethinking my plan has helped me understand my triggers and having no alcohol after a major trigger has shown me that I can do this!

Soccermom, Mary. So glad you are with us, you are really a treat and inspiring to all of us! Happy kids!

Judie, welcome back to work, hope it was productive but not overwhelming.

Chrysa, where are you?

Mary Anne, hang in there. Learning how to drink in moderation is a tough process. Well worth it though!

I was AF last night. Huge trigger stress evening but decided to try this without the help of the bottle.
            Rode the bike for 30 minutes . . faster than usual to help reduce the stress.
            Not much nice I did for myself as I had to clean a bunch that water /pump problem had sand in all the sinks and gross messes everywhere, along with salty tasting water. YUCK, brush your teeth with that!

Mona Cat told us all how to find the tools at the bottom of the page and do a drink tracker. I filled in August and found I could look at a month at a time and see days of the week and the drink total quite easily. Harder to do witha little daily book. Rather neat tool!

Hope you all have a fantastic day!

Love and Hugs to all of you. Hang in there!
            Mary

Comment

Feeling Overwhelmeled

Hi guys,
              I think its great to see you venting and getting things off your chest. For me I dont WANT to see the damm sunshine all the time. It just isnt what life is all about. And its not like we can always let it loose with our family and friends in our daily work and home. probably its the damm stress that builds up and provokes us into overindulging in the first place. Today seems like a GOOD day to dump if ya ask me. Frankly I'm not feeling so great myself. So I think its fine to go ahead and bitch till our hearts content. So everyone.....just go ahead and jump right in!!!!! I'll be back. If ya dont have something legit then make something up damit
              gabby LET IT RIP! ALL MOANING, GROANING, AND GROWLING ALLOWED
              Gabby :flower:

Comment

Feeling Overwhelmeled

Sunshine and Fairy Dust?

I have been really sick for the last 4 days, finally got online today and what do I see. Lots of gloom and sadness.

This is not good for my recovery so here is what I'm going to do;
                Wave of the wand, some sunshine, a little fairy dust and poof.

Here's a joke for you.

Q. What is the difference between boogers and broccoli?

A. Most of the kids you know won't eat broccoli!

Oh how gross was that! Have a nicer day y'all.

Love ya,
                Laura (still to sick to work)
                Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Feeling Overwhelmeled

Dear Laura,

Sorry you have not been feeling well. Sure hope you are on the mend. Yes, I agree, gloom and sadness makes it tough for recovery. For tomorrow mods posts, how about we start with something like things that make me smile?!

Your joke was gross but true! I did smile!!

OK, one thing that always makes me smile: we have a road runner and a bunny towards the end of the dirt road we live on. They play chicken with each other crossing from opposite sides of the road in front of cars all the time. I have to giggle when I see them as our road is 15 miles an hour and I think we all look out for them. Pretty odd combo though huh?!! How did they come up with that game?!!

Hugs to all,
                  Mary

Comment

Feeling Overwhelmeled

SHORT AND SWEET!

Well, finally got a new computer, so can sneak on at work, BUT it is 5PM and time to go already.....but I got to reply to all you sweet woman out there who are always there for me!!!

Trish and SM, I am w/ ya except Idon't stop at 2!! YIKES!! I have lately gone WAYYYY overboard (almost grounded by hubby, it was that bad!!!)

Mary, thanks for all the support, as always, hope you and mom and everyone(including roadrunner and bunny are alright!)

Gabby!!! Glad to see ya here, always!!

Laura, loved the GROSS boogie joke (YUCK, but cute!!)

Gotta get off the clock!!

plan on being AF again today, makes a BIG difference!!

off to the gym!

Mary Anne:l

Comment

Feeling Overwhelmeled

Laura- Sorry for the Doom and Gloom I sure won't bother any of you again

Sorry Laura

Didn't know this was this was all supposed to be sweetness and light.Hope you're feeling better. Good Luck to everyone in mods...

Didn't mean to bring anyone down. Just trying to deal with every day stuff...

nice knowing you all - I can"t be a "happy face" person all the time - if that's what it takes - I guess I'm not ready for this group right now. Catch y'all later. Thanks for every thing though!
                      Trish In Omaha

"

Comment

Feeling Overwhelmeled

Forgot to Add

Thank you all and Have a Nice Life..And may it be very sun shiny and and happy and full of nice platitudes and nice sayings from the universe and visits from the tooth fairy but... if anybody has a real life with real challenges I'd enjoy visiting with them one one one, OK?
                        Trish In Omaha

"

Comment

Feeling Overwhelmeled

God, I love you women!! Things that make me smile:
                          I actually had a student that wanted me to start calling him Big Papa today. I told him I didn't think I could legally do that. Couldn't I end up on some Prime Time Special if I did that?? Ugh! Kids these days...Trish and mkr--your jobs sound so interesting to me---you know....the grass is always greener!
                          Laura, my kids won't eat brocoli, but I never thought of disguising it! and..Feel Better!
                          Mary Ann--glad your back on line!
                          Gabby--glad you're here too!
                          Have a great night my dear friends!
                          sm-mary

Comment

Working...
                          X