Side effects of topamax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side effects of topamax

I have been using the MWO program without Topamax - and have had some success. I really would like to try to Topamax, but am really concerned about side effects. Specifically "brain fog" and low energy. Please share your experiences with the Topa.. and any side effects.

Side effects of topamax

Hi - I am now at 200 mg Topa, and plan to stay there. Besides typos (and we can use spell check, right?) I don't feel like I've experienced brain fog (and I've asked my spouse too). I had tingling in the face, feet, and fingers, but it was not that bothersome, weight loss (which is fine), and yes, tiredness. That is getting better, though, and improved also when I stopped taking the calms forte supps. Also, I started having a cup of coffee around 2 p.m. I know, not the best habit, but I hold myself to one cup, and I feel much better. That's about it for side effects for me. I am surprised so many doctors won't prescribe Topa!

Comment

Side effects of topamax

Midnight,
      Thanks for the response! How long have you been on the Topa? - and yes just the calm forte and magnesium seem to make me tired during the day. Someone told me one time that magnesium really promotes sleep and it is good to take it before bed. How is the rest of the program working for you?

Comment

Side effects of topamax

I have now been on Topa 9 weeks. I also just stopped taking the magnesium this week, and YES, more energy is coming back! I have a friend who said she takes magnesium at night to sleep, so I thought taking it at lunch probably wasn't too good!

Overall, the program is working amazing. I cannot believe that I am not controlled by alcohol anymore, and that I can be "normal." I can go out with friends, and have a drink or two, but otherwise not drink at all if I don't want to. I feel like I have a normal brain again. How has it been working for you without the topa? You are doing everything else?

Comment

Side effects of topamax

Midnight,
          I am way on the topa side. I can say that I would not be successful without it. I am on day 72 and I havent drank at all. My side effects are some topa dopa but nothing anyone but me notices but me. And its is lessening by the day. I have stoped dosing up at 150 mg. Some tingeling but not bothersome at all. Also lost about 18 lbs or so. Hope to lose more. Dont intend on stoping topa.
          I am not the hypno type much. Do take the supps however have run out for now. Very firm believer in the topa and again.....would not be this far with out it. gabby
          Gabby :flower:

Comment

Side effects of topamax

Oh yea, I was real tired for a while but seems to have gone away as long as I dont stay up to late at night. gabby
            Gabby :flower:

Comment

Side effects of topamax

The main side effect of the Topa is fatigue. When the dose gets to 200mg or higher, I kind of feel like I've taken a Tylenal PM or 2. I've never experience mixing up words, etc. To be honest, I'd rather be a little tired and not drinking than the other way around!

Comment

Side effects of topamax

Yes, it is certainly preferable to be not drinking than tired. However, do you guys have any tips on the tiredness? I have cut out the calms forte until bedtime, and stopped the magnesium completely, and have one cup of coffee now right after lunch. Gabby - how long until you started feeling less tired? I am at 9 weeks on the 200 mg. I guess I'm slowly feeling more energetic. Nofoolin - I don't remember how long you've been on the topa. Not sure if you've ever said.

Midnight.

Comment

Side effects of topamax

Midnight, this is fiveyears late but try taurine and other aminos.

Comment

Working...
                  X