Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cravings

Hi there guys,

Just wondered if anyone else doing abs is experiencing really extreme sugar cravings? Iv never ever had a sweet tooth (always preferred savory snacks) but since iv been AF i keep getting these really strong urges for sugary jelly sweets...like Haribos or fizzy cola bottles - just had to get dressed and drive to asda the craving was that bad!!!
    Do you think this is due to my body missing the sugar it was getting from the alcohol? also am i gonna do myself any harm by eating so much sweet stuff...im doing loads of excercise so it shouldnt effect my weight but i have noticed that im retaining fluid on my calves!!!! anybody got any ideas??!!!

Lou - Lou x x
    "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Cravings

Lou Lou, I was eatin tootsie rolls every night. I figured ya cant work on everything at once and it was better than beer. Worked for me anyway. And ya I did think since I wasnt loadin me up on beer sugar it was makin me crave for that reason. I dont know? But it a tootsie roll or three fixed it, for me I figured why not? Its better now I think. gabby
    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Cravings

Oh yes, Lou--sugar cravings are very, very closely related to cravings for alcohol...basically alcohol turns to sugar in the body...so cut out alcohol and, voila, you crave sugar! I don't know if you read my posts today but I mentioned that my excessive wine drinking (anywhere from 2-4 bottles/day plus some vodka here and there) had actually led to my diagnosis as a diabetic earlier this year.... I have changed that by quitting drinking--and then I had to quit the sugar I craved instead of alcohol! CV1 posted some excellent research material on this so do a search for her posts....

Although some treatment professionals believe that replacing alcohol with sugar (at AA meetings, for example, there are always cookies and heavily sweetened coffee), others are of the belief that sugar intake heightens the cravings for alcohol.

Personally, I have found that not eating sugar has helped me stay abs, which is why I feel so lousy for eating sugar these last few days--it has been sooo much easier to abstain by NOT eating sugar.

However, Lou, if lots of sugar actually keeps you from drinking, then go for it! Sugar is definitely going to be less harmful to you and your life than is alcohol.....

:l
      susan
      "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Cravings

Thanks!

Thanks guys...good to know its not just me bein strange!!

Susan i shall search for CV's posts and have a good old read now

Cheers

Lou - Lou x x
        "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Working...
        X