Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ch-ch-changes 4/5-4/11

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl3vxEudif8[/video]]YouTube - david bowie - changes

Hey MWO members and lurkers,

This thread was started 3/22/09 to talk about the changes we've seen since coming to MWO.

Feel free to post any changes good or bad since you've started modding or going AF and we'll be focusing on a different subject each week.

Week 1 was general changes we've seen
    Week 2 was friendships and how they've changed (for the good or bad)
    This week's title is:
    PROMISES

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
    ~Ernest Hemingway

At my house one year the promise of the tooth fairy almost didn't happen because "somebody" had drank too much and overslept. My son was crying and luckily when I was looking for the dollar with him I
    miraculously found it underneath his pillow although he hadn't been able to find it.

I will never forget how guilty and mad at myself that I was. It was definitely one of the steps toward taking the stairways here.
    Hugs,
    Eve11
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

ch-ch-changes 4/5-4/11

I made a solemn promise to myself to stop drinking when I first posted on MWO in February and kept the promise to myself. I am still AF after 60 days, but intend to have a drink when the occasion arises to see how I go.

Eve, I've been looking for the thread, but don't get onto LTM usually. I think posting in General would be a good idea, as you suggested.
    Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
    AF May 23 09 to July 09
    AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

ch-ch-changes 4/5-4/11

This week, I made myself a promise not to do what I did last Sunday, and I kept my promise! No drinks, just overdid the desserts. I felt less guilty and shamed from the desserts I ate than the alcohol I consumed!
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

ch-ch-changes 4/5-4/11

Promises:

I have one fairly newer friend who drinks too much and makes promises while feeling high but I'm noticing she never follows through.

I can deal with it when she lets me down but when she lets my kids down it makes my blood boil.

Tying in the friendship subject with this one...no wonder that I'm seeing her less and less.

So, sometimes it's not just us but the company we keep when we're drinkers.

Things gotta ch-ch-ch-change sometimes!
        Eve11
        "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

ch-ch-changes 4/5-4/11

I guess it wasn't framed as a promise, but just how many times did I tell my husband I would stop or limit my drinking???!! I dunno...
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
          X