Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with topamax tapering schedule

Taper off Topamax:

I have been on Topamax 100mg. for about 18 months ? I have been living an alcohol free lifestyle and my Dr. and I have agreed it is time to taper off Topamax. This is a new Dr. and he does not typically prescribe this drug. I asked about withdrawal. He said he did not know ? I do appreciate his honesty but he is my new Dr. b/c my old Dr. had me on everything ? Lexapro, seroquel, abilify, effexor, prozac, gabatin, wellbutrin ? no I am not Bi-Polar. I really had situational anxiety related to a highly stressful job that I just recently quit ? I am now just trying to get balanced and TOPA is the first to go? I am currently on Lexapro and Wellbutrin otherwise. (Not fun getting off of seroquel)

Is this to aggressive:
    9 days at 75mg
    9days at 50mg
    9days at 25
    9days at 12.5

Any help at this point would be appreciated.
    Kind Regards,

Tiny
    Tiny

My husband is a pharmacist, so I will ask him. What strengths are you taking of Lexapro and Wellbutrin?
    Are you off of all the other meds? How long have been off seroquel? Sorry to ask you all these questions, but it makes a difference to the answer. Ae you seeing an MD (family doctor) or psychiatrist?

Comment

thank you for your help!

I am seeing a psychiatrist
      • I am on 10mg of Lexapro & 150 of Wellbutrin
      • 90mg of Armour ThyroidYasmin birth control billsTake supplements -- evening primrose oil, ginko biloba, milk thistle, GABA, B12 -- all at doses recommended by nutitionist.

Thanks so much for your help!

Tiny
      Tiny

Comment

Tapering off of Topamax

I got an answer for you Tiny. If you were taking topamax as a seizure medication, then tapering off is more critical. However, because you are taking it for the addiction qualities, you can just stop taking the medication. Plus, you are only on 100mg per day which is a small dose. If you feel more comfortable tapering off with the schedule that you mentioned previously, then that is what I would do.
        I hope this helps you.

Comment

Topa is not a drug that has to be tapered off of as already shared. I went from 200 mgs to NONE and you feel absolutely NOTHING...although I will share that the cravings come back in about a week or so. Or at least in my case this is the situation.
          Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Working...
          X