Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday 17 August

Well, here goes, day one again for me.
    Best of luck again everyone for another day.
    And thank you for your words of inspiration.
    :heart:
    MFM
    myfavouritemartian

Thursday 17 August

Oh MFM,
    Oh how many times I have started back at day one of my abs count!!!!! Too many to count!!!.At least we keep counting.!!!!!
    Hang in there!!!!
    Janet

Comment

Thursday 17 August

again

Hi Guys,
      Day 1 AGAIN :blush:
      The water feels good today!
      Shas
      Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

Thursday 17 August

Day one is good. Glad your here. Gabby
        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Thursday 17 August

shas mfm
          thinking of you.
          Brigid

Comment

Thursday 17 August

Well, at least I'm in good company, it seems! Last night after I posted, I went out and bought two mini's of wine!:blush: So, I'm back to day 1, too. I didn't even enjoy it, and this morning I wasn't physcially hungover, but my first thought was, "Boy, that was stupid!!" upon awakening. The amazing thing is that I wasn't even feeling that stressed when I went to buy them, I don't even know what the heck was going on with me. I WAS stressed earlier in the day. Was I saving up the memory of stress to subconsiously justify an impulsive trip to the store later??? Sometimes I just don't get ME at all...

Anyway, the one thing that I am grateful about is that even with stupid stuff like this, I still feel optimistic about being able to beat this drinking thing, and that is a whole different place than I was at this time last year, when I was fearing I might be dead in ten years' time.

A good day to all!

Love and hugs,

Kathy:l
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Thursday 17 August

Hello everybody!

Hope all is well for you all today.
              Kathy i think you have exactly the right attitude, as you said youre in a different place now and you know you have the ability to do it..so good on ya for being so positive lady!!
              I have had some good old retail therapy today..bought the most gorgeous shiny red bag and shoes to match, just had to have them even though iv nothing red to wear them with..lol!!!
              I have also been to the gym again 2 hour session and then i went an swam 30 lengths...i feel like superwoman at the moment!! day 22, i still cant believe im actualy doing this!
              Oh an the salsaerobics last night was great fun as well as a really good work out.

Loads of love to you all

Lou - Lou x x
              "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Thursday 17 August

I know what you mean Lou about not believing it!
                I am on Day 17. Amazing.
                Welcome to Day 1 everyone who is re-starting the count!
                You ever have two drinks in front of you and pick one up for a sip thinking it's something else? Your tastebuds are all set for what you think you're about to have and then BAMMO you're surprising them with something else?
                I had a sip of BF's beer last night by accident. OMG it was awful.
                I hope that doesn't mean I'm on Day 1 again too.
                Diane M.

Comment

Thursday 17 August

This abs stuff is sooo harrddd!! Got through the day yesterday though! Last week got through 3 days. And I have to say each day was a little easier. Until...

Crazy me hosted a party on Friday night and I just knew when I was shoppping, putting that delightful (or is it really all that delightful?????????? A wolf in sheep's clothing for me more likely!) alcohol in my basket that my abs steak was coming to a crashing end. The next morning a really good bottle of red wine sat 2/3 full on my counter. It was kinda sickening how much I obsessed about drinking it vs. dumping it. Did I mention it was a really good bottle of wine? Well........old habits die hard and you guessed it! I drank it! That kind of set a bad tone for the next couple of days.

I am particularly beating myself up for not attending an event on Monday night that I really wanted to go to. No consequences for not going, except that I REALLY was looking forward to it for awhile. Instead I started drinking early with the intention of stopping in time to be sober enough to drive/attend. I didn't. I am just SO, SO mad at myself. Disjust would be another word that would do just nicely.

So, here's to another day...don't plan to drink. It's great to be here in all of your company. I get so much inspiration from all of your posts!

Have a wonderful day!

xoxo

Comment

Thursday 17 August

So what day are you on, LA? Day 2? Day 3?
                    After Day 3 it starts getting easier. Maybe that's how long alcohol really stays in your system, I dunno.
                    I am really enjoying sober activities. Last night I went to dinner with an old (12 years ago old) boyfriend and I drank water. It was fine!
                    That said, I would have finished the wine too. 'Specially if it was good wine. If it wasn't so good, I'd have probably split it with the drain. :H
                    Diane M.

Comment

Thursday 17 August

You guys, just keep on working. Like I said before, I wouldnt have the success I have without the topa. It is really doin it for me. For now....I have no intention of stopin it. Up to around 80 days now. I have lost count. My calender is at home. I am stayin in Tennesee for anther week. X-hubby is pissed that he is inconvienced cuz he has to take care of the animals and the kids. He is so yuckie. Doesnt matter....I get anther week with my dad and his wonderful wife. Whats 2 weeks in 3 years. Cant believe he is so self centered. I wish one of the cats would pee on him. :H gabbos

Comment

Thursday 17 August

gabby wrote: I wish one of the cats would pee on him. :H gabbos
                        Then he'd whine more! Geez, they're HIS kids!

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

I think I am going for 59 days (until my vacation in SF). I think. I'm definitely going for all of August.
                        Diane M.

Comment

Thursday 17 August

Haven't felt well since Tuesday when we started the wine. I'm still green around the gills! I MUST be allergic to some of it.

You wouldn't believe the chemicals that go into the process! Sulfites for one.......yeast...very bad for us....lots of sugar.. We tend to think of wine as "health" food...Not!
                          Maybe if they listed all ingredients on the bottles, we would all think twice before putting that in our bodies.

Easy to not drink when I feel so yuck!

I hope everybody is back on the old Abbs wagon today. Must have been a full moon or something!

Later
                          Nancy & Belle:l

"Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Thursday 17 August

Ahhhh, I sure hope you feel better soon Nancy. : (

I know Dieann, And I sound so mean dont I? I actually AM mean. Once before when he was mean to my doggie.....I let him (my doggie) lick his favorite licorice and then gave it to him (hubby) for a snack. He was thrilled and ate it all up. I know.....I'm mean, mean, mean. But ya know what? Doggie and I were happy, happy, happy. Moral of it all......DONT BE MEAN TO MY KIDS OR PETS! So sorry all you nice people here. Cant help it....I just cant help it. And if I had it do over.....I'd do it again!

Gabby (RJ, please dont kick me off MWO for being demented)

Comment

Thursday 17 August

Hey All,
                              I am having a rough day here myself.Kids and husband are driving me crazy.Kids are kids but my husband can really be a jerk. He called to complain about something and just wouldn't stop. I put the phone down on the counter and came back 7 minutes later and he's still rambling on and on. He didn't even realize i had left the phone down!!!!! Sometimes he just drains me!!!!
                              Nancy,I always wanted to spend some time watching how wine was made because I'm convinced the process might turn me off wine. I had mentioned somewhere here that I lived in a beer brewing town for two years and could never drink beer after that.Smelling the hops in the early A.M just made me sick.Does the process have an odor. If so I might have to come down to Alabama for a visit.
                              Hope everyone is having a good Thursday. I'm going to try and go out for a walk.Nomally I'd have gone to the gym early in the morning but today I feel like a big balloon that has had the air let out of it. Oh well, I'm sure tomorrow will be better.
                              Keep the faith all.
                              Janet

Comment

Working...
                              X