Ch-ch-ch-changes 4/12-4/19 Memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl3vxEudif8[/video]]YouTube - david bowie - changes

This thread is also running on the general discussion board to get more viewpoints than our regular modders over here. Feel free to post either place.

We've been having a lot of fun with the ch-ch-changes thread for a few weeks, talking about changes we've seen since we've changed our lives whether we've cut way down on our drinking or have stopped completely.

The topic this week is: MEMORY

"One reason I don’t drink is that I want to know when I am having a good time."
    Nancy Astor

My pre-teen son tried lie to me about something the other day. "Don't you remember
    I told you I was going to..."

Aw...what wonderful changes with my memory since I've gotten on the moderating well bandwagon. I didn't have to worry and think..."Oh, my gosh, did he tell me when I was drinking last night and I don't remember?" Thankfully those days are gone.

I didn't remember this time because he was lying to me!! So glad to have my memory back!!!
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

I've been taking a supplement that is supposed to help with this - starts with a P? I bought it from this site. I can't remember if it's working! LOL!

I definitely like the fact that I don't black out and haven't for a long time. That is the most horrible feeling, not knowing what I did that night, who I texted or emailed while under the influence.
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

It's phosphatidyl Serine. Supports memory and brain function. Guess I need to up my dosage!
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

After drinking, my memory may be there but it is all foggy. "Oh yea, I guess that's right." Dull, not sharp. My clearest memories are on my AF days.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Teflon braincells...

There's nothing like waking up,
          even if it's with a tiny hangover,
          trying to make a cheerful start of it
          And having no one in the house speaking to you
          or MAD at you
          for saying or doing things you don't remember...
          (I have said, done, and emailed some TERRIBLE things)

Blackouts aside, it adds more hours to your day
          and days to your life
          when you can look back on each day or event
          and have MEMORIES of them.
          My life seems to have gone by so fast with drinking
          and I think it's because I don't remember so much of it...
          Life is getting better and better now.
          If I don't get Alzheimers (and I don't think I'm SMART enough to)
          then I can start accumulating some good memories in this
          last couple of decades
          ~Kid~
          It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
          ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

I want those good memories too, all of them.

Comment

That's corny; but FUNNY

J-vo,
              You're so funny,
              not being able to remember the name of the medicine you take to improve your memory!
              ***:H:H:H***
              It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
              ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Ah, memory.........when I remember where I left it I'll let you know.

Seriously- the sober life is crystal clear compared to the fogginess of life tinted with alcohol.

I never ever want to go back to the place where I say and do things that I don't remember the next day.

Thank God for this program!
                Toughen up!

Comment

Eve I hear you. Memories are the only thing we have in life. It's ashame how we blank them out. Dumb asses. Where's the pic IAD? LOL
                  Starting over again
                  ray:

Comment

Great topic Eve!!
                    Improving my memory has been one of the most satifying and noticible things about my new Mod life. When hubby and I got married (yonks ago) I was the one in our relationship that rememered everything, even to my detrament. I would remember every promise not kept, every fight word for word.... over the years as I became more and more absorbed by AL I would forget on purpose as reembering was just too painfull or plain embarressing. Hubby and daughter would never believe my version of ANYTHING due to my memory being so bad.

It gives me a feeling of control now to be able to remember HAPPILY what happened yesterday, last week, hell even last month!
                    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
                    X