Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad week of April 13

Hi all,
    I am so excited, the weather forcast is perfect for this week and I DON'T HAVE TO GO TO WORK! I work a school schedule and we're off this week. I am more excited than I have been in a long time because I also will be AF this week. I have no thoughts that I should get out of the house to avoid drinking, no thoughts that after I get this project done I will reward myself with a drink. I felt so trapped by alcohol, and NOW I'M FREE! I never felt this way when I was drinking moderately, but multiple days in a week.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Cheap but not free...

OK, SOMETIMES I'm free :H

That sounds great Sunbeam;
    I'm siphoning off some of your energy;
    it's infectious!

I'm helping Ed with his freaky friends for a few hours this morning
    and then going home to do NOTHING!
    It's a rainy day in the Midwest;
    perfect for catching up on my reading.
    BHHG is taking a mental health day from her 10th grade classes,
    so we'll be eating Easter leftovers all day; YUM!!
    Have a great one everybody.
    ~Kid~
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
    ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Hey Everyone,
      Sunbeam you do sound great! What a wonderful feeling you describe! :yay:

'Morning, Kid. Enjoy your time with your girl. Sounds nice.

It's cold but sunny here in the North East, and I've just come back from a great hike with my great dog. I was AF last night, so I could run and hike with energy this morning. Also got the kids off to school with good cheer, healthy breakfasts in their bellies, and on time without having to bark at them one little bit. That gives me an idea for a thread (not that we really need any more threads). How about "I didn't drink last night so...." and you fill in the blank?

I'm off. Looking forward to hearing from everyone else; hope it was a happy healthy weekend.
      Sara
      "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Morning Modders,
        Sun - you sound incredible! Good for you. Enjoy your week. Kid, enjoy your relaxing day. And Sara - that's awesome that you had such a great morning.

Well, as some of you know, my weekend didn't go as planned. It's amazing to me that I used to do that every week. My body is not happy with me. My head isn't happy either. But what I do know is that it doesn't have to be that way. That's not me anymore. I am a person who wants to be healthy and happy. Doing what I did will not enable me to be that person. So I'm picking myself up by the brastraps and moving on. I just reread the modding rules that was bumped up. Lots of good advice there. I'm going to Florida tomorrow to visit folks. I will be modding. I don't want to be unattractive! I will not drink wine everyday. Two drinks and done. I'm going to start taking my kudzu today and will take everyday along with L-Glut. I'm going to come here because I need you guys to help me through this week.

Have a good day.
        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Hi everybody!

Sun, you are an inspiration! :goodjob: Enjoy your week free.

j-vo, hope your visit to Florida is a wonderful one. Have you ever tried the L-glut in bulk powdered form? I get it @ the health food store. It's great!

Kid, I love your way with words... "siphoning energy"... We have a cloudy day here, but no rain.

Think I'll siphon some energy, and take Bungee dog to the beach. We're both overdue for a good hike.
          I have a suprise day off today, which is very welcome! I've been an emotional & hormonal psychopath lately!
          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

No I haven't tried the l-glut in powdered form. Is it better that way? I just got a new shipment of supps last week and I got the same thing as last time. If the other is more effective, I'll try it when I run out of this bottle.
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Hey All,
              I'm really down tonight. My husband and I are not connecting, and I feel very isolated.
              I'd like to have a drink but I know it won't help...He's drinking more than he used to, and I get so stressed about that, but I feel I'm in no real position to influence him. He has never criticized me for drinking...It makes it hard to jump in and comment on what he's doing. I want to help, but I'm still struggling so much myself.

Anyway, I had one glass of wine earlier tonight, and I don't intend to have more. I feel too blue.:upset: Better tomorrow, I hope. Sara
              "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

hi everyone
                oh, Sara, even with spring you are feeling bad? I am sorry to hear that!
                J-vo, I know what you mean, not drinking makes me look much better!
                St jude, going to the beach sounds lovely. Must be nice...
                Sunbeam, hope you have a great week off! and you too Kid!
                ah, taxes! I haven't yet done them! I guess I better get going!
                I am drinking about a glass and a half of wine, not bad at all. At night, I mean.
                Lila

Comment

April Showers...ughhh!

OK; at first it was cozy and a little romantic, but now it's getting old!
                  Let's have a sunny day already!
                  Since it's not fit outside for anything else, I 'm spending the day with ED and his freaky friends.
                  I'll earn a little spending money
                  and entertain myself at the same time..
                  What a deal.
                  The bad thing is; no dancing tonight.
                  The good thing is, I usually drink on Tuesdays;
                  today I won't!
                  The Ying and Yang of my little life!

Is anyone else awake except Lila doing her taxes?
                  Up and at 'em Ladies!!
                  Sara: is the world any brighter today?
                  That was a quick cycle.
                  You sounded pretty "up" a couple of days ago.
                  You OK?
                  ~Kid~
                  ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

'Morning all --
                    Lila my taxes are undone also.

Kid & DeeBee-- Should we be worried about Zed? Will it help if we do worry?

Sara -- feel better.

Comment

Hi kids,
                      Well, I'm going to get a shower and head out to the airport. Going to Florida where it's warm. I've been taking kudzu and L-glut three times daily. I've got my moderation plan in place and I've journaled the past half hour about my plan to have a nice, relaxing time with my parents. I will not binge. Bingeing is BAD! Never good. I will report to you daily while in fla. and do the drink tracker. My AF days have increased dramatically over the past year, now the next step is stopping after a few. I will not let the beast tell me to keep on going. I will not let any excuses into my new thinking. I'm determined and will not slip.

Sara - I hope you're feeling better. You sound down. Maybe get out and take your dog for that walk again. It sounded as though that helped yesterday.

Everyone in Modding land, hope you all have a great day.

Comment

Hey JVO,
                        Have a great time in Florida. Sounds like you're working hard and have a solid plan.

I had to stop taking all my supps because I'm having a breast biopsy in two weeks, and the surgeon said some of these herbs and vitamins are blood thinners, and shouldn't be used before surgery. I had a biopsy a few weeks ago, and they found a benign "intraductal papiloma". They reassured me that it is not cancer, and then told me that even so it indicates a higher risk of cancer, so they want to take out more tissue in the area. This will be an excisional biopsy, under general anesthesia, the day after we get back from Florida. Anyway, I will be sorry to have to do without the supps, particularly because, like you, JVO, I want to mod while we're there. I'll have to use will-power, "want-power" and rational thinking to keep to my limits.

I'm a little stressed about the biopsy, but a lot more stressed about my marriage. I am going to have to focus on the good things...life with my kids, my dog, my work...Staying sober will make me strong, and drinking to excess will make me depressed and vulnerable.

My husband is a good man in many ways. I once felt that in spite of our differences, we could make it through anything. Now I feel that in spite of our differences, I have to make it through anything. He is closed off and doesn't like to talk about himself or his feelings. It's my natural inclination to keep trying to get him to, but it only pushes him farther away. I think he's depressed and very stressed out, and he is starting to use alcohol to try and feel better. I want to stop him, but I fear that if I talk about it too much he'll shut down more, and maybe even try to hide it from me. He drinks about 2-3 very stiff drinks a night. He doesn't really seem drunk, although sometimes he gets a bit irreverant and sarcastic. Usually he just goes to sleep. I'm then left feeling isolated and worried. I am trying not to drink myself, and I want to inspire him by being honest about my own struggles, but any time I talk about it, he refuses to allow his own issues to be part of the discussion.

Anyway, I'm off...Lots to do, and life does go on. Thanks for listening!
                        Sara

Comment

OMG!! Sara I think we're married to the same man!
                          You just described my Husband to a "T"!!

I've never been as lonely in my life, till I got married...

I lived in a remote little cabin, built in a tree, in Colorado for 18 yrs. I hiked in & out, carried my wood & water, etc...
                          I loved it.
                          I spent a lot of time alone, but it was by choice. I didn't feel lonely. Being "with" somebody, & being shut out,... is highly over-rated!:upset:
                          I'm having a real hard time with it.
                          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

OK Jude and Sara...

Here's the deal..
                            My wife said she will share me with both of you;
                            as long as you two split the "sex duties"
                            she'll do the rest;
                            which I guess is nothing,
                            since I do everything else...
                            ~Kid~
                            ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Hi bdd welcome to MWO. How did you find us here? Your best bet right now would be to post up in just starting out or general, you will get a lot more responses and help up there. It is recommended that you read the My Way Out book in order to help understand what everyone is talking about, like the supplements, the 30 days abstaining, and to find out whether you want to try using the medication like Topamax to help you quit drinking or if you want to do it on willpower alone. Most people who choose the moderation route have better success with it if they abstain from alcohol for an extended length of time. 30 days is recommended but is not a hard and fast rule.

There are some really great threads about moderating your alcohol intake, just start poking around and something will surely resonate with you. There is a lot of experience posted here by people who have both failed and succeeded. Best of luck to you.
                              vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Working...
                              X