my battle with the bottle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it all started at the age of 14. my dad was killed. i had already started experimenting before then, well when that happened i crawled right on in. my family is wonderful always has been. i attended college and graduated. drinking the whole way through and going to class either hungover or not at all. i started working a very rewarding job my last two years of school but still kept on drinking. there have been times in the last four or five years i didn't drink like i did but i will binge. my last binge that has made me realize i do have a problem. i was away with my girlfriend. she wouldn't go out to the dance with me so i just got shitty and came back to the hotel room fell and busted my eye wide open. next day i look in the mirror and realize hell i've really done it now. i scared her and myself. i can't do this crazy shit anymore. i got roberta's book two days ago and i'm ready to start my journey to living better.
    :k :k

I AM PROUD OF YOU...YOU ARE TAKING THE CORRECT STEPS TO HEALING...
    STAY FOCUSED AND REMEMBER YOU HAVE A GREAT SUPPORT GROUP. I LOVE YOU

Comment

Good for you! You are doing the right thing.

Comment

thanks alot. i'm trying my best right now. i actually already take topomax for miagraines, but i have to schedule with my doc so he can up my dose.
        :k :k

Comment

Well Done Carls...You've just done the hard bit and if your in the right frame of mind and want this, this is the best place to be....People here are wonderful, they know more about what your going through than you think possible, they are a shoulder to cry on, and if you fall someone comes running to help you back up on your feet, cause they have been there themselves....
          Good luck Carls....Its not easy , but anything worth doing isnt.........Mackeral
          I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
          One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Hi Carls

Hi Carls
            What dose are you at now for the migraines? (of the topa?)Oh and :welcome:
            Jen :l
            Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Working...
            X