A funny observation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A funny observation

It's funny how, as alcoholics, we observe everyone else's drinking habits like hawks. Well at the weekend I observed a bizarre one whilst in a local pub. There were 5 guys opposite and on their table a collection of half empty pint glasses. I first assumed the glasses had belonged to some people sat there prior, but oh no. I watched as one of them leaving 3/4 of a pint went out for a smoke. 10 mins later he comes back with a new pint, leaving the old one. His mates on the table with him also had the same perculiar habit - they'd drink about half a pint and then get a new one. The collection of half empty glasses was growing considerably - honestly, they each must have bought about 10 pints but only consumed about 3!!! I asked hubby what he thought and he suggested that maybe it was so they could say the next day, 'Cor, I must have had about 20 pints last night...'

Strange...

Oh, what was I doing in the pub you ask. Well, I was having a quiet moderate few drinks with my husband. By a few I mean 3. I had 3 and left. And I didn't have to buy 10 pints to do it - well, if I'd bought 10 pints, I would have drunk 10 pints.

Was telling a colleague opposite and he was like, 'What? If I have a pint, I make sure I drink it all... except maybe if a fly lands in it.'

I agreed but added that I'd drink it even if a fly landed in it.
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

A funny observation

They get warm..

I do the same sometimes, Vlad.
    If you and I go out,I'll let you have the other
    "halfs"...
    AND the flies!:H
    ~Kid~
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
    ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

A funny observation

I don't have a problem with my pints getting warm. Maybe I still drink too fast???
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

A funny observation

I only ever drink half a cup of tea because I like it really hot, but that doesn't count does it? Leaving Beer sounds very odd.

Bx
        Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

A funny observation

I'm forever leaving half cups of coffee at work. I forget about them.

Comment

A funny observation

:H Vlad, leaving 1/2 a pint! OMG!! That's alcohol abuse!

I see people do that @ the restaurant sometimes with wine or beer,...
            WTF?

It must really suck to have too much $$ .... and self control!
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

A funny observation

I've noticed too...

vlad;592149 wrote: It's funny how, as alcoholics, we observe everyone else's drinking
              I'm not sure what's with that but I do it too. Maybe it's "Misery loves company", I don't know but I certainly pay attention to how others drink and definitely notice who has problems with drinking and who doesn't.

I do have to say it's always nice to observe and emulate the controlled drinkers.
              "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
              X