Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antabuse Pill Identification

I've snipped this part from a longer post... Hope anyone can help:

I also had one other purpose for posting (and I?ll post this Q on the medication section and in a separate Antabuse post as well). Because of my slip the end of July, I wanted to make extra sure that I didn?t have another drink for a while - I can worry about how to moderate later - I?m actually fine with not drinking right now (did I say that?). Moderation will always be an option at a later date. But then I know I will be making a level headed decision that I want to moderate and not just my addiction telling me to choose moderation because I can?t see myself living without another sip of my precious alcohol! So even though at this moment I?m fine, what about some Friday driving home and the desire hits to pull into the liquor store? So I ordered some Antabuse on-line and they came in the mail a few days ago. I took one the first night and one the second night. The problem came when my blood pressure shot up a little and I tried to double check the pills I took. They didn?t look like any of the pictures of Antabuse that I?ve found on the websites - in either the 250mg or 500mg tablet. My pills are white, round, appx 1.25cm diameter, scored, DUMEX is stamped above the score and 110L below the score. I stopped taking them of course but would like to know if they can be identified. I understand the hazards of ordering abroad - I should have checked this all out before taking any! They came in bottles that had Antabuse labeling but not any outside packaging (i.e. boxes). And there was no cotton or silicon moisture packets that sometimes come in pill bottles. Don?t know if this means anything or not. I?m really racking my brain to remember if the safety seal was tightly in tact or not, but can?t be sure. This all sounds pretty bad I know. My only defense is that I have to believe that it was, because had it not been, I hope that I would have noticed something like that! Anyhow, Anyone able to identify this pill correctly or any thoughts from anyone on Antabuse out there?
    DobIrish
    ~"you do not drown by falling into the water, you drown by staying there."~

Identifying Antabuse pill

My fiance just got a prescription from his doctor for Antabuse. I must witness him taking it daily in order for him to stay in an out-paitien program otherwise he won't be allowed to take it. Since I have the prescription in my possesion the pills are round white and say OP on top and 706 below it. He just started taking 125mg on Monday and slipped (drank) yesterday and he had no reaction from it. He either is not taking enough or the meds just don't respond for him. He will be discussing this with his rehab counselor and Dr. about this.

Comment

Hi there
      Dear DobIrish, My antabuse pills are small and white with the letter 'c' above a line through the centre, then the letters 'jo' underneath. These are 200mg. Hope this helps,
      Luv
      dasher xx

Dear Cdbluu, your partners dose seems rather low, I started on 4x200mg for the first three days on my GP's advice, and I hadn't drank for two months, so maybe check things with the GP. Good Luck
      Luv
      dasherxx

Comment

Working...
      X