curious about baclofen, campral, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am curious about the anticraving medications since topamax is causing depression. i was wondering if i take these medications and take naltrexone ocassionally whe drinking if it would work possibly. are you aloud to drink on the anti craving medications? do they do anything with helping you WHILE your drinking like topamax does?

There is a site thesinclairmethod.com
    Lots of info on Naltrexone there.

I find Baclofen to help me emotionally with use or non use of AL.

TIRED NOW but I hope a little info can help you!:heart::heart::heart:

Comment

I really can't answer about mixing all those meds plus alch. We all would be foolish to give you advice about this because it may be dangerous for certain individuals.

Having said that, Campral has not really helped me that well, so I've ordered baclofen. I will give you my report as soon as I get the product. Good luck and above all be careful.

Comment

Chilipepper,
        Where did you order baclofen?
        Love and Peace,
        Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

I'm no expert but I do know that Campral takes about 7 days of regular use (i.e. 6 tablets per day for 7 days) to reach full therapeautic levels in the bloodstream. Give it at least that much time to see if it works for you, since it won't fully work during a shorter period of time. Unlike naltrexone, it only seems to work during absinence from alcohol, although people who are taking Campral are usually told to keep taking it if they have a relapse back to drinking. It seems to stop working if regular drinking is resumed.

Comment

P.S. I have been able to obtain a script for baclofen at 75 mg per day from a doctor but he will not go over that level, so I can't follow the use of very high doses of baclofen that Dr. Olivier Ameisen describes in his book. Maybe others here can give better advice than me about that.

Comment

baclofen order

cpn,
              I ordered from river pharmacy, the company that advertises on this website. I just received the package while typing this email, so everything looks legit. Two things gave me confidence in ordering: It's advertised on a legitmate website such as this and they will not sell "controlled", habit forming substances such as benzos and narcotics. That's the last thing we all need!

Comment

Thanks Chilipepper, I'm curious how it works for you. Keep us posted.
                cpn
                Love and Peace,
                Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

I think baclofen has less side effects and is a more powerful anti craving med than topa...at least it is for me. River is a reliable source that I have used for the past year and will continue to use.
                  sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Under a psychiatrist's care, I took Campral for a year and a half with no obvious effect at all. Since it was obviously ineffective for me, we decided to try Naltrexone which I have been taking for the last 5 weeks. I have only noticed subtle differences, such as 2 days where I didn't want to drink at all. Both meds I bought at a Walgreen's pharmacy.

Bob

Comment

Chilipepper, thanks for the info on River Pharm. I just ordered some baclofen. I used topa and campral in the past to no avail. I am weary trying to get something to help me get started being AF. Any other info on baclofen would be appreciated. I am going to look for Dr. A"s book.
                      It's a brand new day!

Comment

Evie.Lou Very interested in Baclofen as Topa also made me depressed. How long have you been on Baclofen and how are you progessing.:new:

Comment

Working...
                        X