Creatine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creatine?

just took this supplement for the first time tonight and i don't know if it's placebo but I really felt like I could keep going, whereas normally I'm dragging ass bigtime. anyone else use this for muscular endurance/strength?
    very early to say but I'm quite excited about this!
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Creatine?

Deter,

I routinely used creatine before workouts a few years ago. I think it helps transport more oxygen through the blood to fuel the muscle. You're right, it sure helps your endurance; like you still have 100% strength on the 12th rep. It helps to overwork the muscle, which is the objective of strength training I think. Yeah, it feels good and I recall it left me feeling very "PUMPED-UP". I'm not sure why I stopped using it; perhaps uncertainty about safety. It's been on the market for several years now and I haven't heard anything bad. (But then, how many years did it take for them to pull Hydroxycut off the market?) These days, I just try to eat right and have a Met-Rx shake after work-outs.

Comment

Creatine?

thanks Tom, yeah, so far so good....still helping. the only thing is I find myself extra thirsty which is supposed to be a common side-effect.
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Creatine?

Hey Deter!

After you reminded me about creatine, I went by the local GNC to see what they had. It's always amazing how little these people know about the products they sell, and she was the manager!. Regardless, I bought the Creatine Monohydrate, Fruit Punch. It was cheap enough, on sale at around $21 for 161 searvings. Results were just as I recall; more endurence for both cardio and strength, which promotes some "overload" that should result in more muscle and less fat. As for thirst, I always have a giant Met-Rx protein shake after workout. That's better than all the ice cold beer in the world! :H

Comment

Creatine?

Wow.... this is great to know! I have noticed it as one of several ingredients in weight loss products but never knew exactly what it was or what specifically it did for you. I could definitely use some of this before working out.
          If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Creatine?

Thanks Zenny!
            I forgot all about that website... used to order vitamins from them eons ago.

Comment

Creatine?

coolness. I also get some things from 'club natural' on ebay. they don't charge for shipping but I think that's because they are so expensive to start with. d-oh!

nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Creatine?

another thing I've been doing lately is making my own vitamin/LGlutamine water to drink before and during workouts. I fill up (re use) a liter water bottle with a teaspoon of LGlut, and a packet of 'propel' vitamin powder and shake it up. seems to help!
                I'd throw the creatine in there but the directions indicate you are supposed to take it immediately after mixing with water.
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Creatine?

Det -- I do the same thing with the L-Glut powder and the water bottle! I notice I have to shake it really well as the L-Glut settles at the bottom pretty quick. Maybe we should post the recipe under the AF drink thread?

Comment

Creatine?

ya, good idea. I'm sure there are a ton of good variations too.
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                    X