Naltrexone halt a binge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naltrexone halt a binge?

So I understand the Sinclair Method I thin. Two important questions..

1)Im curious if a person took a nalrxone an hour into drinking to basically stop a binge, ( for example they may want to go out one fri night and have four beers over a few hours but not out till four am) wouldd the naltrexone kick in and cause them to simply want to stop or not care to drink more?

2)Does Naltrexone help with cravings if not used with Sinclair Method?

Naltrexone halt a binge?

Some have said that is not how to use Nal....BUT ......Here is exactly how it worked for me. I can't drink, my health won't allow it. I am only human and in early recovery i had a few slips which would have turned into full blown relapses if I had not had Nal. I could have died !!!! GOD only knows if I ever could have stopped without it ???
    I drank and then took Nal along with baclofen and in 4 or 5 days all desire to drink went away. Then I stopped the Nal and just stayed on baclofen until a major stress sent me to the drink again and then I went back to the Nal and again in 4 or 5 days all desire to drink went away...Now I just use the baclofen when I feel stress is coming but Nal is always a great back up for me...JUST IN CASE.
    This is ONLY my own personal experience and that is the only thing that I can speak of with any degree of complete honesty.
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Naltrexone halt a binge?

Read post #14 on this thread:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...t-2-30963.html

There is only one rule with the Sinclair Method: Take the Nal one hour BEFORE drinking - EVERY time you drink.

I am on week 3 of the SM and can say my cravings have not reduced yet. It is a 4-6 month program to see some results.

Best of luck.

Comment

Naltrexone halt a binge?

Hi there,
        I'm a binge drinker ( which can last between 2-7 days) and thats drinking from when I wake-up to when I pass out.
        I also can go months without a drink no problem, the sinclair method doesn't seem to fit for me.
        I tried Naltrexone a few weeks ago for the first time and I did not binge......!!! Had a great night out ( lots of drinks) no black-out and in the morning I was hung-over but the thought of a drink just grossed me out.
        I have tried it a few times since with great results except a little tummy upset. After I take it I feel relaxed maybe because I know I can have some fun, and not go sideways...
        hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
        X