Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sat August 19th

Good morning fellow abbers!!
    hope this morning finds you all in fine form??
    I'm not too impressed as iv woken uo so early and am wide awake...an the gym dont open till 9!!!.
    Thanks Vinophile, Kathy, Bambs and Wayne for all your lovely words last night. Kathy, i think if i was gonna share stuff then a lot of it would prob have to be through private messaging at least initially anyway.
    Thanks again for the never ending support i seem to recieve on here and a happy sat to all...i shall be back later after my work out!!

Love you all millions

Lou-Lou x x x x
    "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Sat August 19th

Hi Lou Lou,
    Just read your post from last night. Not really knowing what your going through I give ya a ton of credit for not givin in and drinkin. Thats gotta be the hardest thing to do right now. So good for you.
    Again, not knowin what past stuff your dealin with....all I can say is maybe the thing to do is grab on to it and deal with it face to face. Otherwise, it is like tied to your tail and bites you in your ass all the time and every time ya turn around to slap it its still behind ya bittin ya still. So when it haunts ya...I think its like GOD givin it to ya in his time to help ya deal with it on your time. So take advantage of the timing thing and make the best of it. There is a reason it. But not for us to understand. Weird concept. Just my opinion. Good thing you workout. Sometimes during my workouts....When I breathe....I catch myself lettin out emotion too. Like tears and pain. I am so glad I sweat like a dog. Hope no one actually notices that I am cryin and just think its more sweat. One time on the elipitical machine....a lady next to me left. i could swear she wasnt done. But I think I was makin her uncomfortable cuz I might have been makin noises. Oh well. But sometimes I actually visualize my pain comin out my pores through the sweat. I think I am cleansin myself. And I think it helps. Any thinkin of you and Kathy this am. Hope all is well. Smiles and hugs to you Lou. Gabby
    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Sat August 19th

Hey Abbers!
      Just wanted to let y'all know that I have to scale down my board participation...I love this board and it was great "moderating" the board with Deirdre through July, but I'm just finding it really difficult to keep doing it the same way through August...not to mention the time change means I have to try to post the opening thread earlier and earlier the night before!!

This isn't a bad thing!

There are lots of us here on the abs board and it looks like things are working out fine right now without a "leader."

Have a great weekend, my wonderful peeps--I'm not going anywhere, just slowing it down a bit!
      :h
      susan
      (131 days and counting!!!)
      "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Sat August 19th

Congrats on 131 days, Susan. I think it is right for you to take care of yourself. You've done an awesome job, and thank you.

Gabby, you are full of good ideas! And Lou, you share whatever you like, whenever you like, and however you like! I just know how hard it is to keep stuff inside, and where it can lead us.

I'm hanging in there. I'm just feeling emotionally exhausted right now, like I could sleep for hours. I wish I could do just that!! Anyway, I'm off in a few minutes to go do the volunteering at a political fundraiser that I signed up for. I was really looking forward to it, too. Maybe it will end up distracting me, though.

Have a good rest of the day, Abbers!!

Hugs,

Kathy:l
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Sat August 19th

Hiya All,
          Just had to nip back home from my inlaws house, it's my father in laws 50th today, and the alcahol is now flowing....I've had 3 different people ask me if i wanted a can of stella and then looking stunned when i refused...Theres only so many times i can say no....so i just escaped for a bit....The talk about the pub tonight has already started aswell....I have told people who asked that i'm responcible for the kids tonight and its my wifes turn to go out for a drink....but drunks dont seam to be able to take a hint...God i must have been annoying a few months ago...
          Anyway the sooner they all go out the better....They can leave me in peace.
          Thankyou Susan for looking after us for so long, and i think you deserve a well earned rest, but gonna miss it...Thanks again though...and 131 days...Bloody Nora...
          hope your feeling a bit better today Kathy.Gabby and Lou its great being back here and listening to you both fighting fit and kicking arse...
          Will call back in later tonight when the dust has settled when the kids are in bed and the big kids are out at the pub.....
          Take care all.....Mackeral
          I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
          One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Sat August 19th

Goood on ya

Well done for refusing the drinks macks... i know how hard it is at these family things...people just dont seem to get that you just dont wanna drink!! Give yourself a big pat on the back babe..you did good!

Catch ya later

Lou-Lou x x
            "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Sat August 19th

Hello Abbers,
              Checking in and feeling good..gonna go to my first AA mtg this week---women's only, closed mtg in a small town north of me. My psychiatrist recommended it as a magical support group...she was also impressed with this online group! I am determined...keep it up everyone!! Anni

Comment

Sat August 19th

Good for you Anni...day 23 for me now and its people like you that keep me goin, i gotta keep on keepin on... not just for my sakes but also for the sakes of all the people on here that i may inspire...not sayin i do like!! but i know that when i first started i looked to the people that had done longer abs for support and inspiration.

Loads a love

Lou-Lou x x

Comment

Sat August 19th

I hear ya on that Lou. Gabby

Comment

Sat August 19th

Specialy you Gabbs..your a real insperation babes!!!
                    Would you mind if at some point when i felt ready if i personal messaged you some stuff??? just that your earlier thread made me realise that i do need to share stuff...an i feel a closeness to you an i trust you...some pretty heavy stuff tho babes.... so if ya dont wanna deal with it thats absolutely cool with me

Love ya loads chicky

Lou-Lou x x x

Comment

Sat August 19th

Kathy - hang in there gal.
                      Well done for getting through yesterday... keep up the good work.

Mackeral. Well done. Its eye opening to realise how awful we are when drunk, isnt it.. and it is glaringly obvious when we are sober and see how awful drunks are.

Concept of leadership.
                      I really respect those who have 'led' this abs posting.. I think it takes a lot of effort and thought and I can see that those that have done that have really put time into it. Thanks for those that have done it.

I dont see this board as one where there have to be 'leaders' myself (sorry to use the same word here) but a place of reflection and support. Sometimes, peoples hardships or reflections are the most moving things and they happen naturally. Like Susan I think that there are enough people here that this can now continue without offical leadership. Thanks Susan for this month.

Brigid

Comment

Sat August 19th

Hi Guys

Hi Guys just a quick check in, haven't been able to do this because I was spending so much time on the computer that everything banked up on me so had lots of cleaning and organising to do. So many thoughts, fears and pain from so many lovely honest people. How luck am I to be part of this! WONDERFUL and am so sorry for your pain Kathy, I too sometimes remember the good time with my ex and it makes me feel sad that it was lost! And then the guilt comes in so don't try to go there too much. Glad to see Mac back too, I think sometimes I need to see that men can feel the same pain too. Gabby I too am so frightened of loosing and going back to where I was! One of my problems is when I start t feel real good the bad times fade and I start to think I can drink like a normal person. Not possible for me! Its Sunday morning here and am going to Sydney tomorrow for a funeral so won't be checking in again for a few days. Luckily this funeral won't be like so many I have been to with free flowing booze. This man was a friend of my dads, they were drinking buddies then met again at again at AA so gave each other alot of support. He was a good man and had a good life when he stopped drinking, so tomorrow will be a celebration of his life and even though it will be sad its like loosing someone younger!
                        Last night I made a wise choice, hubby was going to go and have a drink and even though I wouldn't have drunk I think being around it makes me cave in eventually so I didn't go. Stayed at home and read all night, didn't even put on the TV it was so peaceful and I think my strength will come from not drinking when I am around it but by saying no to being around it. I hope that makes sense. Gotta go as youngest daughter and family are coming around for lunch before I leave for Sydney. She is getting married!!! I am happy for her but this could, no WILL be, my next stress test. Love you all:l
                        Shas
                        Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

Sat August 19th

Anytime Lou Lou. Gabby

Comment

Sat August 19th

And Shas, I dont wanna get back to where I was either. Even tho I didnt really get drunk each night.....i just drank too much each night. Was startin to feel dependant and didnt want to let it grab on to any more then it already had. A scary kinda grip that I didnt feel I had control of. And my tolerance of beer was just built up way to high. An easy 8-10 wasnt a problem for me. Now that was lite beer but just the same. I know if i stopped the topa I would be right back there. I love the taste and it goes down way to easy. Plus I was lookin forward to my evenings to drink. Now lookin back I see how much I was using it to numb out. gabbs

Comment

Working...
                            X