Anybody tried balcofen yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi has anybody tried balcofen yet? If so does it work...have any weird side effects etc?
    Im thinking of buying some but wanna be sure it works first.
    Would really appreciate some feedback

Cheers

Lou-Lou x
    "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Hi Lou,

See Baclofen thread.

Have a great day!

Rachele
    :h :h :h :h

Comment

bump. A long way!!!!!!!!!!!
      BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Ha ha. Very funny, Otter. You had me wondering who could have a thousand posts in this forum and not have heard of baclofen. Until I looked at the date of the post. Yep, a long way...but not far enough...yet...right?

Cass
        With profound appreciation to Dr Olivier Ameisen for his brilliant insight and courageous determination

Comment

Cassander;1198388 wrote: Ha ha. Very funny, Otter. You had me wondering who could have a thousand posts in this forum and not have heard of baclofen. Until I looked at the date of the post. Yep, a long way...but not far enough...yet...right?

Cass
          I just think we all need to remind ourselves now and then about how far this has come and the radical rethink that is going on now.

One thing I am is very prescient. I predicted in about 1987 that some day someone would make a film about the Earl of Oxford an it is coming out this weekend, called Anonymous.

There are not a lot of things that are radical these days, or maybe there are and we just don't relize it. Baclofen is one of those things that is just going to change the way we think about addiction for good. It has the potential to undermine the drugs trade because it can take the addiction out of drugs like heroin and cocaine and it allows us to see addictions for what they are, brain issues and if someone wants to screw up their neuro receptors they can do so knowing that they don't need to be addicted and if they want to screw up other people's lives by robbing and stealing to support a habit then they can be forced to take treatment for it which will free them of the addiction.

We typically think of heroin addiction as "caused" by heroin and therefore dealers are purveyors of a sinister compound which hooks users. It is actually a way of dealing with the pain of intense addictive craving and anxiety, nothing more. It is just a chemical which acts on the brain. You just have to read Thomas deQuincey's Confessions of an English Opium Eater to understand why people are addicted to opiates. Without it, they live in a hellish state of mind and with it they are transported into heaven. What they need is a medicine to sort out their brains and Baclofen is that medicine, not l-glutamine, topa, Nal or Kuzu root!
          BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Working...
          X