Mod Squad Weekly Thread 20 April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a while since I managed to get my A into G early enough on a Monday to start the thread -- whooohooo!! I hope it is a sign for my week to come. It is a short week because Wednesday is a public holiday as it is Elections and we are off to the polls to vote.
    Today is overcast and miserable which kinda matches my mood -- I wish I was still snuggled up in bed with a good book like my daughter. School starts tomorrow so she is making the most of her last day of holidays and is having a long lie in.

On a more positive note -- I am so super excited, we start building in a months time so I have a list of materials I need to shop around for and a thousand other chores which need to be done before the builder can start.

CF, good on you for committing to another 30 days AF. And I just love your way of saving money.... I'm gonna give it a bash today when I do my weekly shop.... although running out of loo paper isin't as funny LOL

Sara, you make me laugh!! Even when life throws you a curve ball you still have your sense of humour -- good on you woman!!!
    "More than two makes me blue" BRILLIANT!!

Hi J-Vo, Ask, Kid, Jude, Eve, Moo, Sun, Peri, Vladster -- where is everyone???
    :hallo:
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Will be thinking of you at the polls. Wednesday's an exciting day for me as I get a new piano!!!

Had a busy weekend with our meal out Friday, church Saturday, cleaning and barbecue Sunday. And the weather was great.

Feeling a little sheepish about my drinktracker though... :blush: Nearly decided to give over posting on it...
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

You and me both!!

Yeah Vlad,
      What is it about that drinktracker?
      It bothers me to post there sometimes too.

I'm going to stick with it just because when I cycle back to where I want to be I can see the struggle in the numbers,
      remembering what was going on in my life,
      what triggered daily drinking,
      what triggered heavy drinking,
      why was I so strong this week and not that week etc etc..
      I'm going to go post there now!

You ladies have a great day...
      It's supposed to be my day of rest
      but I'm catching up on everything my girls didn't do over the weekend.
      (Laundry,dishes,shopping,killing dust bunnies...you know.)
      Thanks for starting the thread up this morning DeeBee;
      I was busy getting the family ready for work and school.
      ~Kid~
      It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
      ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Think it's the weather that's been triggering me to drink more - went out for a walk on lunch and when I came back said to a colleague that is was the type of weather that makes me want to sit outside with a pint. It was funny, because another colleague thought I'd said that I'd been out for a pint!!! :H
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Careful...

That's all you need Vlad, is colleagues spreading the word that you went out for a pint at lunch!

Got the morning chores going and the dog walked as it started to drizzle.
          A grey day here too; but I don't mind.
          It's Sooo restful.
          I've got some chicken stew on the stove (that doggie keeps putting his nose hopefully in the air to sample).
          There's a half a pot of coffee still left...
          I'm painfully practicing my piano and then settling into the recliner with a quilt, my coffee and a book.
          It's a rough life!
          Keep enjoying your day.
          ~KS~
          ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Kid Shelleen;596554 wrote:
            Got the morning chores going and the dog walked as it started to drizzle.
            Had to read and re-read that... thought you were saying your dog was drizzling... :H

Comment

Morning Modders,
              Well, just got back from my vacation with my parents. Overall, I think it was a wonderful and enjoyable time. I did drink more than I anticipated, but never once did I have a drunken episode, and for me, that's progress.

Cyclefan - I am interested in doing the 30, but will not start until next Monday. I've got my calendar in order after coming back this morning, and this is my last class weekend, we've got a party to go to this weekend, so I decided to start next Monday. I think the dates I posted in my journal are April 27-May 27th. I've bought a cleansing and detox kit as well. It's a month's supply, and I thought that would be good to do it the month I will not have Mr. AL. So that's the plan for me. Good luck with your 30.

Everyone sounds great!

Deebee - are you building a new home? Please do tell.

Vlad - good for you - a new piano! Enjoy. And I feel kind of sheepish as well about the drink tracker. I'm going to go post my last vacation days there. That ain't easy.

Kid - you sound fantastic as always. Your positive attitude towards life is wonderful.

Hey everyone, have a great day. I've got so much crap to catch up on, emails to read, laundry to do. I'll check in tomorrow.
              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Hi Everybody,
                It's a wet gray cool day, wind gusts up to 50 MPH - perfect for going back to work. The old dog is hanging in there. I made her a bunch of ground beef with gravy yesterday, to put a little on her food so she will eat it.

Maybe I'm going to finally make a little headway on my weight reduction goal for 2009. I'm not really over-weight, I just want to get back down to size 8. I'm reading a book called Thin for Life, and one chapter was about various thoughts before eating. I need to start asking myself before munching, Why am I eating this? Just writing the foods down in my food diary has been educational, but I need to also become more aware of those thoughts.

I agree with the thoughts expressed about Drink Tracker - it is such a reality check, the only way I know to get really honest with myself. But I never enjoy recording the numbers I wish were different, I just grit my teeth.

On with the evening, I guess. I always go outdoors when I can, but indoor time is needed to catch up on the chores of life.

Take care
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi all- had a head to head with the Mr. and well- he just is really unhappy. He is just pissed at the world. I feel sorry for him but I can't let him put me on a constant downer. In the past I would have been so depressed thanks to my constant state of drunk-hungover-repeat cycle. I am so thankful that neither of us are drinking!
                  The chicken stew sounds delish, Kid
                  Hi Sun, j-vo, vlad and DeeBee.
                  I miss Eve! And Lila! Check in, girls
                  Toughen up!

Comment

Hey gang,
                    Had a funky week-end. Hubby was recovering from a minor surgery and complications arose which turned me into nurse for hubby over the week-end. We just didn't have any fun!!
                    Found an open bottle of wine in the wine cooler (left over from Easter?) and I shifted into the "have to finish off the bottle" mode. That's how I used to drink a whole bottle- just didn't seem right to leave some in there. Crazy!! So, I did not mod as usual and was in a funk all day yesterday.
                    Anyway, had a good night's sleep last night - no AL yesterday - don't plan for any this week and am getting back on track.
                    Take care all. Will be in touch.
                    Eve11
                    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

I would have done the same...

Glad you are back on track!!
                      ~KS~
                      ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

It's all very exciting stuff happening here in Durban. The Indian Priemer Leuge cricket is in town so much fan fare and whoo-haa is happening. I am not a huge cricket fan -- more a rugby gal but you can't help but get caught up in all the excitement. Two games are on today and it's a public holiday tomorrow so I imagine they'll be some sore heads at the voting stations tomorrow. The weather is absolutely crap and there is a chance of snow on the berg ??? It was just summer this weekend??? How quick the seasons change.

Yesterday I was so extreemly un-productive at work and I have to drag myself out of this funk I am otherwise I won't be paid next week. So I will NOT be on MWO all day again today..... I'll catch up with you all only when I have finished my list of knee-caps to kick.

Vladster, a new piono -- how exciting!! I didn't know you also played the piono.... sheez but you are talented.

J-Vo, please elaborate on your cleansing and detox kit... what's in it?
                        We are adding onto our exsisting house, which is tiny. We bought it 3 years ago for the land, which is half an acre and the intention was to build on. We have finally submitted our second set of plans and they have been approved so we break ground in 4 weeks time. The reason I am just so super excited is that we are building a new room for the daughter on the OTHER side of the house so hubby and I can have a little privacy -- if you get my drift (wink wink)

Sun, I agree with what you say about our thoughts and food. I have really got myself quite uncomfortable with the amount of weight I have picked up since I quit smoking. I was reading the old MWO website the other day and Dr Garcia posted about sugar and how we should stay away from it all together -- I need to embrace a new healthy diet and commit to it 100%. Maybe a Food Tracker is what I need.

DM, wow, you handled that brilliantly -- kudos to you!! I hope for Mr DM's sake that he finds some kind of peace soon. I remember all to well how it felt to be miserable with myself.

Eve, I am so sorry to hear about Mr Eve. Please send him my good wishes for a speedy recovery. Yip, we have to be especially vigilant during times of stress -- even more so than someone who is committed to abstaining as often we do have AL around the house. Take good care of yourself!!

Hi Kid, Lila and all to come -- I have to blow this fizz-pop!!
                        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Happy Tuesday...

The girlie is off to school and Cat's still in bed;
                          so I may go back for a few more winks.
                          The coffee will still be warm when we get up
                          and sleeping late is one of the few luxuries we still have.

DeeBee: Are there any big issues being voted on?
                          I don't know anything about your corner of the world.
                          It seems like a holiday,a voting day at that, after games
                          would cause some problems.
                          Your house plans sound exciting.
                          The added privacy sounds good too (you sly girl). My wife is very conscious of what can be heard throughout the house.
                          My first wife,however, was like an opera singer and didn't care WHO knew she was having a good time!!:H
                          Music to my ears!

Speaking of music.
                          Vlad is getting a new piano?
                          Pictures! Pictures!
                          Recording! Recording!
                          She's always full of surprises.

A "Food diary" is like magic. It works like a drink tracker.
                          The guilt will set you free.

DM: Hope the air is cleared at home.
                          I am also glad you aren't letting this drive you to drink.
                          Eve: Still on track?
                          Sunbeam:Let us know how "Thin for Life" works.
                          We want to be thin for life too!
                          Cycle:Keep keeping on! If I can get my brakes to work, I'll join in on your 30 somewhere along the line!
                          j-vo:A cleansing and detox does sound like a good idea.
                          My body feels like it's full of swamp goo...
                          Everybody else!!
                          Hope all is well
                          and that the "Mod Life" is being good to you.
                          Signed,
                          A fortunate son,
                          ~Kid Shelleen~
                          ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Morning everyone,

Well, it's Tuesday morning. I woke up and got on the scale after my vacation and it showed me what I was afraid of. Gained 5 lbs. Damn! Well, I'm on my way to a stronger me. Even though I exercised everyday last week, I still managed to put on the lbs. Drinking and eating - Evil!
                            I was journaling everyday last week and did this morning about my weeks' events. I can see that (and this always happens) that I start off strong then as the vacation week progresses, I begin to eat and drink more. I stayed on my supps. but the second half of the week was certainly not as controlled as my first. Its partly that mentality that "Oh, it's coming to a close and I need to get it all in!" Can anyone relate to that?

Sun - journaling is something I"ve been doing with my drinking habits and observations I've made about specific situations. I think it's really helped me to see patterns. Portion control is the biggest thing I feel will take the lbs. off along with walking daily. You can do this! Moderation in what we eat is the key, just like our goals with modding when we drink.

Delta - I'm glad you were able to discuss and communicate with your hubby. You sound more positive today. But you're dealing well with the stress, and how much better we can handle things without having the alcohol making things that much more difficult to deal with.

Eve, hope your hubby recovers quickly! I don't know about you girls (sorry Kid) but my husband is an absolute baby when he's got anything physically wrong with him, even a sniffle!

Deebs - I sent away for the "Dual Action Cleansing" kit. Supposedly, it cleanses out your colon and makes your organs work better. It was pricey, but this coming month, I'm going to work on taking these supplements, drinking more water, reducing my caffeine intake and going AF. I'd like to lose the weight I put on when on vacation, so I'll be watching my portions intake as well and continuing exercise.
                            BTW, we built our house about 12 years ago. I love my home. And we try and do small upgrades every now and then as well as ongoing decorating (my department!). Good luck with your upcoming project!

Ok, I've got to get moving here. I hope everyone has a great day.
                            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

New piano tomorrow!!! Can't wait! I will take a picture for you Kid. It might be a while before I record anything yet!!! I was Grade 8 standard but I doubt it now...

Was AF last night - should think so too! And oh did my body know I'd missed a night's drinking - had a foggy head this morning, then a perculiar dizzy spell.

CF & J-vo - will be thinking of you as you both do 30 days. Thinking really it should be me.

Oh and the stories about our recent works do are quite gross. Quite glad I wasn't there.

Comment

Working...
                              X