Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WELLBUTRIN..what can you tell me about it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to switch my AD medicine...for a couple of reasons one of them was the cost... since Lexapro was not available in generic it was expensive...also..it made me very fatigued..I had no energy at all...it also made me feel, empty, for lack of a better word....and I gained weight....
    so the DR changed me to Wellbutrin..150mg...and will dose up...I already feel a difference I feel more energized...I haven't had a cig since last tuesday nor do I crave one.... since I have more enegergy I've statred pilates and even have more disore to do stuff...like clean the house...

I'm concerned about the side effects and seizures from wellbutrin....I"ve heard horror stories....

I'm also on Topa...but drug digest and my Dr says there are no interactions.....
    :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

I have been on Wellbutrin for almost a year now. That is Welbutrin XL. I am up to 300mgs now - but I have manic depression... I love it as it has no side effects and it really helps with a variety of stuff.

Depression, smoking, weightloss, etc.

There is a possibility of seizures when you suddenly stop drinking AL if you are a heavy drinker. Fortunately, I have been lucky when I had a binge or two. I know that I am just playing with fire though.

Other than that, I haven't heard any other horror stories.

Comment

Totally eliminated my sexual drive....wellbutrin was a bummer for me. May not be the same for you but I have heard this from others.
      Blessings
      Toughen up!

Comment

My doctor has put me on Wellbutrin as well. I am on the 150 mg dose but that is what my doc will keep me at. This is because my doc incorporated Citilopram at a low dose to go with my Wellbutrin. This is the combo that seems to work for me. I haven't completely quit smoking yet, but the desire is less and less and I don't enjoy smoking any more. My motivation level is much higher as well.

I have to take my dose in the morning because if I take it later, I can't sleep very well. This is the only bad side effect I had.

Good luck.

Comment

I just started it this week as well...I am on 150 and will progress up to 300. So far so good!
          Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Choppersmom, I completely forgot about the sleep deprivation part of it. I had a bit of a problem in the beginning at 150mgs and I still have to take it in the morning as well. It does pass though. I sleep very well now UNLESS I drink....

My doctor then gave me some Trazedone with the Wellbutrin for sleep and anxiety but I found the Trazedone made me feel tired until 3pm in the afternoon. So I went off of that. (this was for when I was coming off of heavy drinking and couldn't sleep and my anxiety attacks were horrendous).

No lack of sex drive for me. All of the SSRI's I have been on in the past squashed it like a bug.

I guess just as anything else; it is different for everyone.

Comment

Hey AFM! Yes, my sleep has gotten better too unless I drink. I had the same thing happen with Trazedone. My doc has prescribed Ambien but I try not to take it. I just can't seem to sleep that off either!

I haven't been affected with my sex drive either. You are right that meds affect us all in different ways just like all other things.

Comment

Britzak- I have noticed a MAJOR difference in myself already have you? I feel alot better and have more energy? Like I said my sex drive was non-existant and thepast 2 nites I've been having "sexy dreams". I hope that is a sign that it's coming back. WOOHOO!!! I am having side effects from the Topa mostly the "scramblimg of word thing" I know that will taper off in time, at least, it did the last time. Let's update each other with our progress on it, ok?

AFM and Chopper-I take mine in the morning also with my topa..I haven't dosed up on either yet....I'm not sure if I'm going to dose up on the Wellbutrin right away. I feel as if I can regulate the energy I get from it. I get tired at night but if i wake up I have a hard tiem getting back to sleep. I was taking "Super Snooze with melatonin" (supp) but yesterday the pharmacist suggested I stop since it's not FDA approved...she said it is safe to take Benadryl to help with sleep while I'm taking the Wellbutrin. I have not talked to DR about this yet, nor have I taken the Benadryl.

All I know is I have not had the urge/craving to drink or smoke and I feel great! I'm scared that if I dose up to 300mg of Wellbutrin I will have to much energy...allthough somedays i could use it. Ha Ha

Thanks for the input.
                :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

Wellbutrin

This medication destroyed my life! Please avoid it at all costs. It triggered severe hypomanic episodes and turned me into an irritable aggressive jerk. I wish more than anything in the world that I would have avoided taking it.

Comment

Working...
                  X