Kudzu Thyroid Meds/Colorado Doc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone! I just joined today, and asked this in the Just Starting Out forum, but was pointed here... I've read MWO once and need to read it again - the med stuff can be confusing. I would love to get on the full program but these are my concerns:

(1) Re: the Topamax: I'm an attorney starting my own business so the mental confusion thing on the Topa really scares me. Is this very common, and if it happens to me, how long does it take to go away when you stop taking it? Also, I don't really crave AL all the time, I'm a binge drinker that can't stop once I get going, and blackout once every couple months or so. Is Topamax really the thing for more occasional bingers? (I'm not saying it's not a problem, when I binge it's BAD, but it's just not real often.)

(2) I'm also hyperthyroid and on meds for that. The kudzu rescue has a note to be careful if you have thyroid issues. Does anyone have more info on the link there?

I'd also like to find a local doctor who understands this program or would at least be sympathetic. Are there lists anywhere on the web by location? I'm in Colorado, anyone here that can recommend a Dr?

Sorry if these are addressed elsewhere - there's SO much info to get through so thought I'd cut to the chase! Thanks for making me feel like I'm not the only one out here with this problem! I mean, of course I knew there were others, but to see so many and hear stories that remind me of myself is nice.

There is a fabulous doctor in Colorado (Boulder, maybe?). He has dedicated his life to thyroid disorders, and approaches it in a somewhat revolutionary way. He doesn't rely just on the TSH level, but uses far more blood testing and is somewhat of a naturalist-- looking at diet and lifestyle, not just expensive medicine. He says that he considers a patient cured when the SYMPTOMS go away, not just when the blood test say you are supposed to be cured. You can look him up at drlowe.com---fibromyalgia, hypothyroidism, thyroid hormone resistance. He also does internet and phone consultations, but if you live near him, well, lucky you!
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

thanks for the recommendation. I'd love to find a doctor who understands thyroid disease AND is supportive of moderation therapy and drugs, and can help me manage both of them, but that seems like a pretty tall order. I have thought of raising it with my own thyroid doc, but he kind of scares me! So I may need to find someone else, and will keep your rec in mind! Do you know of any addiction docs around boulder/denver if I can't get the prescriptions from my thyroid doc?

Comment

I'm actually nowhere near Colorado (I live in Europe), but I heard about Dr. Lowe from a friend who actually lives in India. So you see, the doctor is quite renowned (in Thyroid circles, that is!). But I can't offer any more than that.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
        X