Hangover on Topamax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hangover on Topamax?

Has anyone noticed that even after having only a few drinks, the hangovers while on Topamax are much much worse than before? Last night I had one beer and 2 glasses of wine and I have felt dizzy all day! It has to be the Topamax. Even the buzz of the alcohol is different and not nearly as good, and I noticed it last night as I was drinking. Anyone else seeing this too???

Hangover on Topamax?

I've debated for some time now wether or not to post this because I've not seen anything like this but here goes....I have no hangovers what so ever. I get up in the morning and I am ready to go. But then again I am one of the weird ones that topa gives energy to. In a way it is like it is enabling me to drink more (?) because I don't have the hangover problems. I am currently at 150mg and feel like I need to go up a notch. I feel like I am drinking way too much. Granted not like before but still every night. Need to make that appointment with the doc I guess. Sorry to hear about your hangovers and everyone elses. I'd like to know if any one else has the same problem as I have?? (Yes, it is a problem).

Thanks, Kat

Comment

Hangover on Topamax?

Yes, my goodness, the hangovers are awful on Topa. I am only on 25 mg. and the thought of being so sick all day after only a few glasses of wine is a real deterent. I only drank two, and still feel it this am. Not going to drink tonight, can't take the feeling the next day.

While I am posting, I wonder if I am taking the the Amion Acid correctly? Four equals the right amout? I am taking four caps at once after lunch, is that right?

Comment

Hangover on Topamax?

Question on the Amino Complete

Are you suppose to take four at once to get the recommended dose? Am I doing this right? Take four to get 3400 mg?

I am taking the Senior All One cuz I am in my 50's. and I know the Amino Complete is recommended along with that, right?

Comment

Hangover on Topamax?

Hi Nofoolin and everyone else..
          Well, after several months of great success with moderation, I'm afraid I've really had a setback this week..granted it's been an intensly emotional week with some shifts in my marriage and my husband beginning therapy with me..all good, but shaking me up some..I've ended up indulging Mr. Pino Grigio twice in one week, both times having a whole bottle of wine..granted..it was a small bottle and not a big one which is what I would have done 3 or 4 months ago, but the hangover this morning was over the top, so I'll have to conquer with the increased intensity of the hangover. I've also been eating like a maniac too..and am really hoping that I'll get a grip on it all this weekend now that I've adjusted to our working together in therapy (it's all a long story) but I do attribute it to a minor emotional setback more than any changes of the effects of the dosage..I'm at 200mg of Topamax on week 11..I've also slacked on the CDs which I think has had me more vulnerable to slipping...thanks for letting me vent...

Comment

Hangover on Topamax?

Hi Dilayne and everyone. I'm sorry about your setback with the vino. On 200mg of Topa, you must have felt pretty awful the next day. I get so dizzy now with hangovers, I'm actually kind of afraid to drink. You sound like a very strong person who is very honest with yourself about what you need to do to correct those triggers. You will do what it takes,I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
            X