cravings and naltrexone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cravings and naltrexone

if your drinking with the naltrexone whether your doing sinclair or not, does it take away the cravings to drink a bit? like you wouldnt mind being af here and there?

cravings and naltrexone

Naltrexone sure took the cravings down for me. I use Baclofen on a regular bases because it's cheaper and i read it is easier on your liver. for me it works at least as well as Naltexone and I have had no bad side effects at all.
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

cravings and naltrexone

good

thats amazing to hear bc topa made me depressed.. my last hope is naltrexone where i can try to drink moderately.. the other meds you supposedly arent supposed to drink. were you drinking when you took naltrexone? how often, etc?

Comment

cravings and naltrexone

I was in the beginnings of a binge when I took Naltrexone. That binge turned out to just be a short 3 or 4 day slip. The Nal took my desire to drink away. You can drink with Topa or Baclofen....I have, but it just doesn't have the same hold over me. These meds don't make you sick if you drink, they just make the drink less desirable. I am NO Doctor but I think it is only Antabuse that makes you sick if you drink, that I am aware of ??? If you are looking for a way to cut down on your drinking then Naltrexone may be the answer.If you want to stop drinking for good then it will take more than just taking a pill. It is HARD WORK but it is so very worth it. I LOVE LIFE AGAIN and I WON'T EVER GO BACK TO AL !!!!

Comment

cravings and naltrexone

aw thats great.. so u felt when you drank on baclofen it still took alot of the desire away and cravings? its amazing how ur doing. keep it up.. hope i get there!

Comment

cravings and naltrexone

By the second week on baclofen I had upped the dose to 10 mg 3 times a day all cravings went away. That was way back last fall. I haven't had a slip since then. When I get into a stressful situation i go back on the baclofen as a safe guard against being triggered into a drink. I use the natural sups from the MWO program as a daily maintenance to stay healthy and craving free...it's working well for me.

Comment

cravings and naltrexone

Evie,

I think it is wonderful that Nal and Bac have helped you so much.

I also think it is so important that as you stated, it is still hard work. We have to want to quit, all the rest means nothing without that.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
              X