Thinking of doing a Cleanse!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been reading that Passages Book, which is great..it recomends doing a cleanse to kick start sobriety. I tried a gentle cleanse about a week ago, but it was so gentle I felt like I may have gotten ripped off. I don't like cleanses that starve you to death, so I'm wondering if anyone has a gentle cleanse that they like. I need to be able to do it and still eat AND work!! I can handle toilet visits, as long as I'm not on the pot all day!!!:yuk: I'm going to research more once I get to work today...but any help I can get here would be awsome!! Have a great Monday!!
    :new:

You might consider juice fasting. Do you have a juicer?

You might consider eating only foods good for cleansing. Lots of water with lemon. sprouts, beets (I'm big on beets this week :H), pineapple (diuretic) etc.

I've never done a cleanse with a purchased product. Just diff. kinds of fasts.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I am with Greenie on this one...Juicing will do the trick !!! and while we are on the subject of GREEN I recommend liquid Choraphyll...you can buy it at the health food stores. it has a blood builder and gives me INSTANT ENERGY...and instant green poo..........works like a charm in every way !!!
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Yeah, you know I noticed on my last cleanse (the one I think was just a placebo) would really 'kick in' after drinking juices and eating fruit. I think you're right...maybe I'll make up my own cleanse consisting of daily Metamucil (for fiber, which was a key part of my store bought cleanse) and fruits,veggies and tons of water I need to get another paycheck to purchase the weeks worth of new groceries, so I'll let you know how it goes once I start!! THX!

Comment

You might consiser ground psyllium seeds and husks instead of metamucil. You can get it in health food store. Mix it with a cup of juice (I would put it in a jar & shake) and drink.
          sigpic

Comment

Really!! Pineapple, hummmm.... Isn't it an antiinflamatory too?
            sigpic

Comment

Who's got a list of all the 'anti bloat' yummy stuff to juice? I'm sick of looking like a whale!!!:strawberry:
              Ann

Comment

Drinking enough water ann?
                sigpic

Comment

Eating sprouts is good for chloraphyll and they (alfalfa) also are good plaque cleaners for arteries. You can even sprout quinoa, but it ferments quickly.
                  sigpic

Comment

I have done the Herbal Cleanse by ReCleanse. It is gentle, but very effective.

Comment

My counselor is holistic and suggested a candida cleanse, followed by probiotics to help decrease the AL cravings. I am using it know, so nothing to report yet.

Comment

Works everytime.....Ha! IAD
                        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

hahahaha...that's awsome IAD!! Zen, thanks for that link. That cleanse looks similar to the one I have...but maybe the ingredients in the capsules are different. I'll have to check it out more. I'm annoyed though because I just read the label of my Metamucil, and it contains asperthame( I guess I'll go look for plain psillium husks.

Comment

Hey guys...love the topic of cleansing. Ill tell you. I eat as many raw foods as i can a day. i bought a book on eating called you are waht you eat. it talks alot about using raw foods. I try to eat everything as raw as i can. I no longer cook my veggies. It also talks about foods you can combine and foods that you shouldnt. It also talks about juicing. I can say that i have been more regular during this process. I have been bad about it over the last couple of days though

Comment

i drink alot of water but dont put lemon in it. what does the lemon do?

Comment

Working...
                              X