Don't know what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know what to do

So yesterday I drank to get rid of the sickness from the day before. That was really bad b/c today I am even sicker. I was supposed to have therapy yesterday and couldn't go so we had a phone session. She kept asking if I was drinking and I told her no. I told her the antidepressants made me want to drink more and they made it seem like I was drinking. If she believed that the maybe I should change therapits. Anyway I also said I knew that I am self destructing and still do it. She said since I did well on the Topamax, (except for my b/P) that I may be bipolar b/c topa is a mood stablizer. She said I should call my doc and get off the loprexo and on something for bipolar. but i don't know if i really am b/c i was not truthful about yesterday. i haven't been taking the antidepressants either b/c they do make me want do drink more plus they amlify the effects. I am afraid to call the doc again anf fess up about drinking.
    Wish my Naltrexol would get here. Anyone bipolar if so what are the symptoms?
    One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Don't know what to do

It is a never ending cycle of drinking to recover from drinking. I have been there and I KNOW !!!
    The Naltrexone will help with the cravings but it is not a MAGIC pill. It is gonna take work on your part to stop this vicious cycle. PM me if I can help.
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Don't know what to do

Bipolar is extreme ups and then extreme downs.

I have Major Clinical Depression which I have in check. I was diagnosed in 2002 and am now almost off my anti-depressants. It's been a long haul.

I think if you truly want help, then call the therapist back. They can't help you if they don't have all of the facts.

Wishing you a wonderful day,
      GTFG

Comment

Don't know what to do

Thank you I might do that. I have since my last post called for couseling w/someone who specializes in substance abuse.
        One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Comment

Don't know what to do

Gonna see if I can get to AA today.

Comment

Working...
          X