Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mod Squad Week of 5/4/09

Morning Modders,
    It's Monday morning and a rainy one. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Deebee - your hair sounds so sassy! Keep flickin'. I'm a very short-haired girl. The less, the better! (I wish I had the same attitude about AL!, but I think I'm comin' round.

St. Jude - Seeing people like the guy you saw that hit his head on the hardwood floor makes us proud with how far we've come. It's also a great reminder as to why we need to continue working on our AF time and always be aware of the possibility of a slip if we're not extremely careful.

Sara, I'm sorry to hear of the communication barrier. I know it can be hard to break down. It's so frustrating and lonely at times. Please know we're here for you. You asked what supps help. When I went to Florida, I took the kudzu and L-glut. The first three or so days I think I did really well and the cravings were low to overdo anthing. But since I drank daily, I don't think the last few days went as well. I think the supps help with once in a while drinking. I don't know if they lose their effectiveness when you use them for a longer period of time, as it seemed they did for me. Oh! Happy Anniversary!

Welcome Sprockets!

I had planned on an AF month. Didn't seem like a great idea on Saturday evening when we went out for an Italian meal. I had two glasses of wine, sipped, and enjoyed the meal. Came home and watched a movie. I was happy with that. The only thing is that if I'd have more wine here at home, I can bet I would have had a few more. So keeping it out of the house is important for me. I can say although I promised to be AF for a month, I'm not disappointed in myself. My husband even complimented me on such great control. He said to me that if this was months ago, I would have made him stop at the wine store for more, and I didn't even mention that. So, Yippee!

Have a great day!
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Hi everyone.....

Well as I am sort of a modder these days I thought I'd post here sometimes. Although just entering an AF for eight weeks phase!! Still, I am committed to occasional drinking long term, so here I am.

J-Vo I am so proud of you for getting the Saturday night thing absolutely right and I can tell you are proud of you which is even better. Sometimes we make plans to do things, but life gets in the way and we do it a little different. In the end of you can feel as positive as you do....thats blooming marevellous well done hunni.

Mooo
    "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
    but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Thanks Moo!
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Moo!! Good to see you posting here.

Hi Girls!!
        Here I sit with my microwave canneloni (yik) at the guest house. One of the "pro's" about travelling is that I can sit in bed, watch TV with my laptop and no-one rolls their eyes at me. I had a really productive meeting today with the buyers so i'm still on a bit of a high from that (or it could be the L-theanine lol).

Sara, you asked about the supps.
        I take a multi vitamin, Omega 3-6-9, magnesium, Vit C and L-theanine. I do have powdered L-Glut in the cupboard but I read somewhere that it helps build body mass which is something I definetly DO NOT want right now so I've stopped. I used to take the Kudzu religiously and I am considering forking out for a bottle, but sheez with the exchange rate and shipping costs it works out really pricey for me.

My biggest problem at the moment is craving!! Craving carbs, craving sweets, craving AL. I think it's all related to me not smoking but I am really taking strain. Right now I am seriously contemplating leaving my room in my PJ's and going to the nearest MacDonalds for a sugar fix -- but I won't.

So, where is everyone??
        Check in people.......
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hi Everybody!

Rainy day here... looks like winter's back.

I'm going thru "kayak withdrawls"!

Yep, j-vo I really lost my thirst the other night when that guy hit the floor. I only stopped in for one after work anyway...(No, REALLY!) I actually do that these days... Not like before, I used to only say it...

Last night I worked a patheticly short shift, so Hubby & I went out for a suprise dinner (he won a few bucks on the poker machine while I was working... he's so damn lucky, he does that quite often. While I'm slaving, & serving food, he sits on his arse, drinking beer, and makes more $$ gambling!)
          Nice of him to take me out to dinner!:H

I had one drink with dinner, it was good. I jokingly told him I should have a Long Island Ice tea, just so I could "catch up" w/him... He'd had a few beers while I was working...
          He said I'd blow right past him if I did that. I usually stick with lite beer, but a marg sounded good, so I had one.

Thank Dog it's Monday! It's my Friday!!

Hope everybody's having a great day.

:lJudie
          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

DeeBee,
            I've read that L-Glut helps your body metabolize sugar & build muscle,a lot of body builders use it.
            I'm all for having muscle and being toned, not flabby!

It really does help with the alcohol & sugar cravings.

Comment

Thanks Judie. I'm just so desperate to get rid of this weight -- I feel permanently uncomfortable.
              OH -- the button on my pants broke today so it was a good thing I had a belt on LOL!!
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

I just googled L-Glut, for a bit more info on it. (I've been taking more of it lately in the powdered form)
                In fact I just ordered more online last night, for a really great price.

One of the google sights, says, "It burns fat & makes the brain more active,& stimulates the immune system."
                It can speed up wound & burn recovery.
                Can cure ulcers
                important nutrient for the intestines,
                Helps repair & buils muscle"

I just know I feel good when I take it!

Here's the web page I ordered mine from, great prices! Buy Discount Vitamins, Supplements, Low Carb and More at www.Vitacost.com

Comment

DeeBee,
                  I hate it when my pants are too tight!:upset:
                  I have soo many diff sizes in the closet! I have painting pants, my dress-up pants, my skinny pants, my fat pants...
                  I never seem to have the "guts" (LOL who am I kidding! It's always there! Dammit!) to throw any of them out!
                  At 5' 1"... 5 or 10lbs makes a huge diff in how my clothes fit!

Comment

You're the bomb!!! Thanks Judie!
                    Now that you mention it I do remember Patrick Holford mentions L-Glut in his book "how to quit without feeling shit" but he suggests it to get the intestines healthy.

I think 5'1 must be close to 1.3m which is what I am -- my DH calls me vertically challenged LOL!!

Comment

LOL!!! I'm also vertically challenged measuring in at 5' 1 1/2".

Comment

Funny thing, I never think of myself as being short, untill I see a photo of Hubby & myself standing together!:H

Comment

O.K. count me in on the club- I'm 5'2''!
                          You all sound so great-keep the good thing goin!
                          Getting ready for a BIG show Sat. so I won't have much time to be on here this week but I will be thinking of you all. Pray my fingers will hold up!
                          Blessings
                          Toughen up!

Comment

Delta,
                            Do you play guitar & perform? Is that the Big show you refer to?

Comment

I play guitar and think I had better lay a little low- me and my big mouth! :H
                              Toughen up!

Comment

Working...
                              X