disappointed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disappointed

I am new to this program, but really want to find help. I am extremely disappointed in level of clarity about what to take when. I am starting to feel like the goal is to get me to purchase as many supplements as possible without helping me understand how to use them to best advantage. I ordered the starter pack, but it didn't include the All One or Magnesium or the B vitamins. It seems like they forgot about the magnesium and B vitamins and decided to push the new amino acid supplement without revealing that there was no All One in this packet. What I received doesn't match up with what I'm supposed to take according to your web site. I don't think this is a very good show of support from your program. I was hoping this program would be a help, but am not feeling this from my interactions so far. If anyone should be committed to making this easy to understand, you should.!!!

disappointed

Trial, did you get the MWO book? That spells out how and when to take the vitamins and supps for the cravings.

Winefree

Comment

disappointed

Hi Trial, when I ordered the starter pack they forgot the book! But I just contacted them & they sent it to me with no charge...I believe it was an honest mistake. I'd suggest doing this.
      So when you do get the book it details what each supplement is good for...there also should be a 'schedule' thing in there detailing which supp to take at what time of day, and why you need them....maybe you could ask about this when you contact them.
      You've spent all the money on the starter pack, pls give it a go...they really do help.
      It also takes a lot of hard work...and in my case many tries/failures/successes...it's and endless journey...just part of life I guess.
      Good luck.

xo

Comment

disappointed

Welcome Trial,

I may be totally out of line here, but it seems to me that there is a lot of anger and resentment in your post. We are here because of similar problems. One being pent up anger and resentments. The sooner we can let them go, the sooner we can begin to heal.

I am new here but have found nothing but solace when I am here and tons of support.
        I don't believe anyone here is trying to rip you off as you believe. Just another problem to be solved and worked through.

com1
        Com1

Comment

disappointed

Welcome trial,

I'm not using any of the supplements - others will help you with that issue.

I think you need to try to relax a little, read the MWO book as well as the member's postings regarding our trials & tribulations in starting the program. It's not easy for anyone!
          Once you've done the reading and made your plan you will be able to jump in and find success.

Take some deep breaths, relax with the Hypno CD's and make your plan. You can do it

All the best,
          Lavande
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

disappointed

Welcome Trial!!
            I never ordered the Starter kit so I honestly can't comments -- just wanted to wish you a warm welcome and let you know that we are here to support you.

P.S. Any problems I have had I've e-mailed the help desk and always had a prompt reply:-)
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

disappointed

Welcome TBF76 . . .

:welcome: TrailB . . .

Sorry to hear you didn't get all of the things you expected. I don't take the meds personally (allergies to some stuff) but I agree with the others here "it was probably a mistake", "they are a phone call or e-mail away". You are the first person I have read abt. who had this problem but then this forum is massive. Important: as the others said make sure to read the book MWO to follow how the meds should be taken.

There is a wealth of information within this multi faceted web-site and as you keep reading I am certain you will find it educational, inspiring and sometimes pretty darn funny.

Hope you'll keep coming back.

Comment

disappointed

The information on the supplements is available on the FAQ page:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f7...-faq-3968.html

Whether you purchase from us or a local shop, we want you to have the most updated nutritional supplement recommendations (new since the book was published). They follow:

Nutritech All One Powder: (Original, Fruit Antioxidant or Active Seniors Formula)
                Kudzu: We have increased our original recommendation to higher levels: 1,000 mg. to 3,000 mg. depending on craving and program customization. Note: You shouldn't take kudzu if you have endometriosis. a reproductive cancer, are pregnant or breast feeding, or suffer from a serious heart condition. If you have diabetes and take high doses of kudzu, check their blood levels regularly to make sure you do not develop hypoglycemia.
                Milk Thistle/Silymarin: 300-600 mg.
                Magnesium: 200
                Evening Primrose Oil: 2,600 mg
                Calms Forte: 2-6 tablets
                Optional:
                L-Glutamine: 1,000-3,000 mg.
                Additional amino acids: as per provider's recommendation
                vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

disappointed

Cycle, You continue to amaze me with your ability to come thru with what is needed...just when it is needed ......Woman, YOU REALLY ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

disappointed

Hmmm

I thought All One was part of the starter pack?

So was it listed there?

Anyway, you can get it at health food stores.

Just my advice, don't necessarily feel you have to buy all the supplements. I think some of it is too much depending on how bad your problem is. Not everyone is going to be hypoglycemic or deficient in all those nutrients.

You probably should do some reading of old threads because the threads lately have not been that informative and old-timers have disappeared.

Best advice I can give you is that if you want to moderate and have a bad problem, you probably need medication, the cornerstone of the program in the book. Check out low dose topamax, now generic, naltrexone, campral. I know supplements are stressed but really I think that medication and sheer willpower/abstinence with support really work best for a bad problem. Diet, exercise and hypnotherapy support all healthy goals.

Medication has side effects so you need to think about whether your problem is bad enough to deal with those or whether you would rather just abstain and deal with it that way.

Good luck.

Please read old threads on all this stuff.

Comment

Working...
                    X