Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've Got an Idea!

Hey All,

I've noticed that "Attendance Has Been Down" a bit since we don't have a formal leader. This concerns me. People may have their reasons for this. I know that I just got incredibly busy, but I also think that it is a good idea for Absville to have structure, continuity and a strong sense of community.

I also know that it can be burn-out city to be a leader for a whole month, as I ran the moderation event in May. I was dog tired and ready for retirement after a month!!!

I would like to propose that we all take turns being the Mayor of Absville for a week, or two at most, from here on in, and divide the responsibility up that way. No one will get put upon too much, but we will have a sense of structure that I believe is lacking right now. I will commit myself as the first volunteer and begin for this Sunday, August 27th, pending all of your feedback. If we do this, we probably need to make a commitment at least a week in advance.

Please let me know what you think! Absville is a great place!

Lots of love,

Kathy:h
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

I've Got an Idea!

Kathy,
    I think that's a great idea. We do need the structure.I'm not sure how we work it with the time differences. What do you folks in the U.K. and Oz think ......????
    Janet

Comment

I've Got an Idea!

Completley agree Kathy, i dont think we are managing as well as we were, and thanks for kicking it off on Sunday.
      How are we appointing Mayor by the way...Does somebody put their hand up in advance or do we have a list of names and just go in order?
      Either way thanks for bringing the topic up Kathy...Mackeral
      I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
      One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

I've Got an Idea!

Hmmmmm.....

I think that peeps will pretty much need to volunteer, although that doesn't mean that others can't nominate others!!!:H But people will need to accept that nomination! Given our buddies Across the Pond, I think we may need to post the night before, like Susan did, although that doesn't help our folks Down Under. At the same time, Brigid and MFM and Wayne and Lou, etc, can all take a turn as well!!! :H

Come on folks, step up to the plate!! Be an :wings: ! Like I said, I'll take the first week! So I hope someone will think about taking the week beginning September 3rd!

Love and hugs,

Kathy:h
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

I've Got an Idea!

World Clock

I remember somebody a while ago mentioning they had a world clock on their P.C. Was just wondering if they had a link so we could all get it ,it might make life a bit easier for us all....Or did i dream it?

Comment

I've Got an Idea!

world clock link

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Comment

I've Got an Idea!

Thankyou

Thankyou very much for that, i just had a quick look and added it to my favourites list....That is going to come in very useful......Thanks again...
              Mackeral

Comment

I've Got an Idea!

K Macks...you take the second wk an ill take the third, dont know if ill be any good...but ill give it a go just remind me when its my turn...lol!!!!!
                "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

I've Got an Idea!

Will do Lou...I think you'll do a great job.

Comment

Working...
                  X