American Slicing Cheese Appetizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.Mix gelative in med microwave-safe bowl until dissolved. Microwave to a boil

2. In blender place gelativ mix and remaining ingredients in order given. Blend thoroughly. Pour into oil-coated glass dish- or for a cylinder shape, use a 16 oz empty frozen juice concentrate container and refridgerate until set. Gently tear paper container from cheese roll before serving- duh
    3. Coat with thin layer of Better than Cream Cheese and top with chopped pecans (optional). Serve w/ crackers or chips.
    4.The cheese slices well;it melts when baked on top of casseroles. Can freeze and shred if desired.

I am confused -- these ingredients do not add up to cheese. Is this a joke? (please, no offense intended) Or a vegan substitute for cheese? Help!

Comment

Ok Lucky.....Who cut the cheese!?! Ha! IAD......
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Recipe is a good substitute. Enjoy! Much better as a subsitute than the real thing with ground up cow gut in rennet.

Comment

Sorry, but I love real cheese. I even have made it myself (fresh mozzarella). But I'm glad you enjoy this.

Comment

Thanks Duck. I am a cheese lover but I will give this a try since your other recipes have turned out well (although must admit this sounds very different).

Yes CS this is a vegan alternative to cheese.
            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Sorry I had substitute hot dogs ......I don't even know what was in the hot dog......Then I found out that these Christnas ran the place. God only knows what was in those hot dog ! Tofu...is disgusting to me.....it taste like fat ! Sorry.....IAD
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Okay people if you don't like the recipe then move on. No need to be so negative about something some of us might like to branch out and try.

Comment

Your such a good soul Lushy.........Sorry I gave my opion....IAD..
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

IAD- Pls fuck your loving soul off this thread.

Comment

frankly, I don't think "American cheese" is even a food product let alone real cheese, more like fluorescent nuclear waste. Hell, I bet it glows in the dark.

i like real cheese but I'm also drawn to strange and unusual ideas too.....so this one has my interest.
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Lucky, are the yeast flakes something special?
                        What I mean is I can only get yeast granuals in this third world country I live in - you know the normal stuff you use for baking bread - can I use that or is it totally diff?
                        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Are'nt we a bit nasty Ms. Lucky........So unlady like to use such language.......make sure you keep that breather over your mouth.....bad things seem to be coming out of it ! .....( I did mean what I said........I will keep my opions to myself..........IAD )
                          Dr. Seuss

Comment

LuCKy,

This does sound good, even though I love regular cheese, too.

Yeast flakes? General nutrition store?

Love,
                            Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

The yeast is different than the type you use in baking. It is actually called nutritional yeast and you can find it in the bulk section of most stores. It is chockful of B vitamins and has sort of a cheesy flavor.

Comment

Working...
                              X