Quarterly Analysis!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quarterly Analysis!

In true Moo style, I have been thinking about whether this is working for me. I considered that if this was any other aspect of my life, such as work and I had tried something new, I would collate and anaylse the results. THUS!!.....

I have been here for three months now. The first week as a lurker, but fully fledged since then. As some of you will know I have been a devotee of drink tracker from the off. So I have just gone back and looked at my results thereon. I can report the following;

In 90 days I have had 82 AF days.

Of the 8 days I have drunk, 7 were fully planned and 1 was planned last minute but none were a "give in to temtpation" moment.

Of the 8 days I have drunk, 6 of them have been completely successful moderate drinking times (in my view).

Of those 8 times 2 occasions have seen me go over what I consider to be an "acceptable amount", but not by an enormous amount.

I have only had 1 day where I have felt the negative physical and emotional effects of AL. That said, this was not on anything like the scale it tended to be at such times before coming here.

I have lost a couple of pounds (not much, but didnt have much to lose as had already done it).

I feel fitter, more awake.

I have reclaimed my weekends.

I have started to enjoy other things more. All things I used to do anyway, but now I appreciate them much more....such as a good book, a hot aromatherapy bath, a walk, the gym....just everything.

I have learnt to deal with thes stresses and strains of my job and life without turning to a glass of wine. I have learnt to deal with my raw emotions without wine.

I know now I have the strength to choose if i drink or not. To decide when I do and dont. I am still perfecting the amount I have, when I do drink. This is sooooo much improved, but I want to do better.

Thus I can focus on this for the next few months.

So, does it work?

A resounding YES. I am absolutely delighted with these results. It has never been my intention to give up drinking completely, but to get myself sorted out early enough in life, that I can live with it in my life normally. I now believe this is entirely possible and I am well on my way.

I am SOOOOOO grateful to you guys here. Certain people have been really helpful, caring and wonderful. But in fact everyone I have come into contact with has helped me in some way or another. So THANK YOU MWO and THANK YOU MWO members.

Heres to the next 3 months

Moo x:thanks:x
    "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
    but in what direction we are moving."

Quarterly Analysis!

Moo, I am so happy for you -- you are working very hard and putting alot of thought into your sobriety. You ARE doing it!!
    Isin't it wonderful to be able to look FORWARD to the next 3 months!
    Love Dee
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Quarterly Analysis!

Moo,
      What a great improvement in your life! Your focus, determination and ongoing reflection will continue to serve you well.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Quarterly Analysis!

Great job Moo, and I'm glad you posted this; it helps others see that for some moderation is a way out. Thanks! Don't you love how everyone on this site helps each other ?
        :goodjob:

Ask

Comment

Quarterly Analysis!

That's great Moo...
          Well done!

Comment

Quarterly Analysis!

Great to hear it's all working Moo!

mooderator;614539 wrote: I have learnt to deal with thes stresses and strains of my job and life without turning to a glass of wine. I have learnt to deal with my raw emotions without wine.
            I'm still working on this step. I'm realizing I've used AL to deal with work (and home) related anxiety for many years. I need more tools to de-stress while sober. But I've got a good start too so it's for going forward.

Again, your summary sounds great. Your plans sound good. Great to hear a success story here on the forums.

Comment

Quarterly Analysis!

DEEBS and SUNBEAM - special thank you for your ongoing support and helpful comments. It is one of the reasons that I feel I am succeeding.

yes ASK I certainly do love the support part of this site, it is what makes it for me. I think as time passes and my own work is starting to pay off, I feel I have more to offer other people.

BOSSMAN. It is finding those other tools that is a big part of the equation. They come in ways/things you might not expect at first. Its ended up being the more simple things, that perhaps were already in my life, but I had not given enough credit. Also, the more time I have been AF, I have found I am naturally less anxious anyway. Odd paradox, but it seems to follow. I'm really pleased you are feeling positive too and are moving forward. Brilliant.

And thank you WALLY. I am beginning to feel that I am in control, which is something I was beginning to think I was lacking...lol

X x

Comment

Quarterly Analysis!

Moo, that was a MOST helpful analysis. You sound as if you've figured it out! Isn't it great to feel good again?
                Jane Jane

Comment

Quarterly Analysis!

Moo,
                  It is such a great idea to evaluate how we're doing. Thanks for sharing.

Some of us oldies on the Mod Squad shared our goals on Kid's Thread called Health & Wellness for moderators for 2009. I think we should go to that thread and take a look at what our goals were and see how we're doing now that it's a few months later. Always good to evaluate!

Thanks!!
                  Eve11
                  "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Quarterly Analysis!

EVE

Thats a great idea Eve. I'll be interested to read the results if you do that. Let me know where the post is.

It just struck me as a logical way to see how I was doing. I found that it really spurred me on to achieving the next 3 months and improving even more. Something to do with my personality I think, but whatever works. I am very competitive (with myself) so I am so pleased I filled out drink tracker religiously. Not only do a get a little daily satisfaction when a zero goes in, but I can then truly see results.

Love Moo

Comment

Quarterly Analysis!

Eve 11's analysis of modding

Moo,
                      In honor of you starting such a neat thread I think we should bring our analysis here by cutting and pasting from the old thread. Below are my goals.

1. Continue exercising weekly (2 days/week at the minimum) Have met this goal along with losing that last 10 lbs I was working on.[/font]
                      2. No more than 7 drinks per week as recommended for women. In January I averaged 6 per week (met goal), Februrary 8 per week (didn't quite meet but not bad, March 5.5 per week (definitely met goal), April 7 per week (met goal and so far so good in May.
                      3. Continue board support several times per week (daily if possible) and never stop. As I know from experience because when I stopped AA years ago I eventually started drinking again (after 7 years AF!!) So support always is crucial!! I do come here weekly and usually daily. I have heard that some modders think about drinking too much when they come here and they do better staying away from the boards. I've never quite gotten that as in A.A. it was highly recommended to at least come weekly for that support. When I quit going weekly I was back to drinking after 7 years of abstinence!
                      4. Keep my word to friends. I rather pride myself on the fact that I keep my word when I commit to something and I plan to continue that behavior in 09. No problems here!
                      5. Sara, I definitely need to organize my house so I have big organizational plans for 09. Actually can't wait for my MWO buddy who lives close to me to see what we've done to the garage! We're on our way!! My weakest area with this one. Really have to get better organized and keep plugging away.
                      6. Continue to be a good role model for my children. Since Sept 2, 08 there's been no slurring, stumbling, forgetting what I said the night before and I plan on that behavior continuing! So proud that I can say even though I've gone over limits a few times no drunken behavior has happened that my children can call me on.
                      7. Meet my creative challenge by June, 09. I've been struggling with wanting to do something creative that I keep never finding the time for so I plan on achieving that goal as well. Still working on this one but at least I've gotten started!
                      Happy 09 Mod squad friends and visitors whether you're AF or someone visiting our great board looking for help. Help is here. Come join us!
                      Hugs,
                      Eve11
                      "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Quarterly Analysis!

VERY POSITIVE!

The title says it all really EVE. You are clearly setting and sticking to your goals and what a result. Good for you girl. I am very proud of you and all of us modders. We are all improving and moving foward. Its a process, a learning curve. But its all going in the right direction.
                        Again well done and thanks for posting hun.

:goodjob:

Comment

Quarterly Analysis!

Moo, I wish I could be like you... I am very new to MWO and already broke my rules past 2days.
                          Yesterday was not my drinking day but I have decided to drink because I had been working 10days and yesterday was my last day of work for a while so I wanted celebrate myself with nice white wine.
                          I was planning to drink only one bottle but my bad old habit came out from me...Ending up with drank two bottles and heare I am .... hang over!
                          I made 3 rules today
                          1. Do not drink in the morning( I work night shift a lot)
                          2. Do not drink on not drinking day
                          3. Do not drink more than 3.

Comment

Quarterly Analysis!

Hi and a warm welcome to you Miss E.
                            Please feel free to join us on the daily thread called Mod Squad -- where all us modders hang out and support one another. There is also loads of info there on what has and hasn't worked for many of us.
                            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Quarterly Analysis!

Thank you Dee Bee. :thanks:

Comment

Working...
                              X