Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I NEED HELP

HI All,
    its me again...and again...just wanted to vent! I was doing great..not drinking for almost 4 months with only one slip...until yesterday! it was so bad (I was at a bar) they called an ambulance to get me..and take me to the ER..how messed up is that. I am so scared.:upset:

I NEED HELP

Hi Bunky
    I am here for you. Are you Ok? I went out in an ambulance last month. I was on a bad bender; no eating for days, just drinking and I passed out and hit my head. I had to get staples in my head, was a terrible gash. It is still not healed. What is your plan from here?
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I NEED HELP

glad to see you back bunky we are here for you and just give it your best
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I NEED HELP

Hi Bunky,
        I know that felling of being so scared - scared of not ever being able to beat this beast. But take heart, if others could, you can to. And the fact that you've managed AF time shows you can. Don't quit.
        Goog luck and keep posting.
        make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

I NEED HELP

Bunky,
          What is your plan? What have you tried to help you stop? Obviously, we can't just quit on our own or we would...right? RIGHT! You need a plan...and then you must execute it. You had 4 months....you can get 4 more. I am a binge drinker too. As long as I don't pick up that first one I am fine, but honey you give me one damn drink and and all hell breaks lose. Mine as well put me in a padded room in a straight jacket, I am a looney tune. You can do this. Do not give up.
          Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

I NEED HELP

Is this the platform were dealing with !?! Don't touch the shit./...it's ovious....you can't handle. Get help quick LOL IAD.
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

I NEED HELP

Bunky, update? tell us how you are.....

let me tell you what I've discovered: life without alcohol is WAAAAY better. you are NOT giving up anything valuable when you kick the booze.
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

I NEED HELP

Thanks I am still here feeling way depressed..
                I dont know where to begin with a plan

Comment

I NEED HELP

I know how you feel Bunky
                  Have you read the book?
                  That should help you to formulate a plan.
                  I take everything, cuz I am one sick chick
                  I take Topa, Kudzu, LGlut and all the vits and supps
                  Stay close and let us know how it is going
                  "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I NEED HELP

I just purchased the book..I am so scared I will fail again....I cant let that happen...
                    Any other suggestions? Pills scare me...but then again so does this demon

Comment

I NEED HELP

Bunky, I slipped last week at a work function. Everyone was drinking to get drunk. Im just worried that my boss is going to find out that i did. I left early but still i think people noticed. Got real depressed and anxious. Did alot of praying. Wanted to just say F it and keep drinking but realized that i would lose alot more so i have stayed sober since then almost a week. Im still worried about the consequences but will have to face them. Im doing alot of praying still and reading. Walking and thanking god for little things like my health etc. believe it or not it does help

Comment

I NEED HELP

Bunky;616588 wrote: I just purchased the book..I am so scared I will fail again....I cant let that happen...
                        Any other suggestions? Pills scare me...but then again so does this demon

Never let the fear of striking out get in your way.
                        George Herman "Babe" Ruth

You can
                        beat this Bunky.

Comment

I NEED HELP

hi bunky,you have lots of friends here who will try & help you,as being said if you did it for four months you can do it again,have you tried going to aa meetings in your area,don't quit the person who has made no mistakes usually does not make anything

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I NEED HELP

hi bunky,its a long journey back to reality,ive been on this one for 10 years,there is no failure in trying,its when you stop trying,there are many interesting people here,most are here to help,like we grow in our alcoholism,we all grow in sobriety,its like learning a new way of life,it is not easy,think of it like gasping for air under water,when you cant breath anymore we come up for air,same as drinking,when you falter,you come up for air,were here in many,and many of us do as you,where theres a will,there is a way,there are all kinds of excuses,only one cure,wishing you well,gyco

Comment

I NEED HELP

Hi Bunky - that really must have been scary!

I know what you mean about not wanting to take pills, but maybe you should make an exception at least to get you started. I've never taken antibuse, but I've heard (IF you take them!), they really work.

Maybe others who have taken can tell you more (like if there are any side effects, etc.).

Anyway, I wish you well.
                              Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Working...
                              X