Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread 5/18

IT'S MAGIC MONDAY MOD SQUAD!!

(Did I ever tell yous just how confusing it is for me to write the date backwards like you guys do -- it always catches me lol)

Do'nt know why but I got myself outa bed nice and early this morning, all zooshed up for work, had my oats and honey and got a quick 5 min to start the thread.

I'll catch up with you all later.

CHECK IN PLEASE
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Hi Deebee
    Know what you mean about the date in UK we're 18/5/09!!!!! soooo much easier!
    I've just had my muesli & strong black coffee, taking son to school & hour walk with labrador if it doesn't flippin chuck it down which it is doing a lot of here in UK at the moment! WHERE'S SPRING!!
    Have a great day at work, catch you later.

Comment

Morning Modders....

Agree about date as also from UK!!

The weather is very unpredictable here, you are right voguefit. I have the day off work today so its the gym and some chores and a bit of work from home too. But nice to have a day at home.

Over the weekend I learnt that I can moderate at 3 glasses of wine (which was my target for saturday) which I am really pleased about. I also learnt that red wine does not suit me at all! So, no more red for moo. Now on for 2 weeks AF. I am frankly rather relieved, in some ways it requires much less effort!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and heres to a successful week.

Moo
      "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
      but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Hey Vogue,
        Yip, all very confusing lol!!
        Well I've been out, done what I needed to do and now it's time to settle down in front of the 'puter and get on with some work.

(I'll just catch up with the news a little bit longer and then work)
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Moo!! X-posts!
          Well done on your successfull mod night.
          I must tell you that I too just can't DO red wine.
          Hubby likes to keep some around for cooking and the other night I poured myself a glass to have with diner = headache from hell!!

I am also notching up those AF days - I love waking up each morning with a spring in my step.

Comment

Good morning Deebs, Vogue and Moo. You all sound really positive today!

The American date format confuses me and catches me out all the time. Stupid Ameri - no I don't mean that... er-hem!!!

Life is good in Vlad Land. Had a busy weekend - took the car in for a cam-belt change, it's only 4 years old but it's done 54,000 miles. It's lived its life hard - poor thing. Hubby and I were laughing, saying it was a little like an alcoholic that had done it's liver in already and was having a transplant.

Also got rid of my old piano at the weekend - gave it to a friend. She was over the moon with her new piano.

Hmmm, what else - oh yeah, had the challenge of creating an A0 poster for the church notice board (I only have an A4 printer). So the poster is in 16 pieces - will be pasting it up Tuesday evening - that will be interesting. The guy who usually does it for me is away this week.

Oh and I need to update my Drink Tracker, 2 for me last night.
            Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hi Mods

Yes where is Spring??? Wet and cold here, have just lit the fire.

Still finding beingAF easier than modding - too much to think about:H

Hope you all have a good day.

Bx

Comment

Hello all you British and South African people! It's 5/18/09 here LOL. My husband is british he complains all the time about the date format. A few weeks ago he droned on and on about noon and midnight too. It can get a bit tedious at times.

Well done everyone on meeting moderation/abstinence goals. I did so well when I first started here, now I'm back to where I was before I started. I had a plan, I just let it go. You are all inspiring me to get back with the program, thanks for keeping on posting no matter what you may think it does inspire. Have a great week everyone!
                vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Back to basics Cycle.
                  Funny how I too seemed to have gone through a bad patch recently -- but I was NO way near what I was. My idea of going overboard now is drinking 2 glasses every day for 3 days in a row!! I am happily AF again for a bit, at least the next week -- I don't have an special occasions coming up so there's NO reason for DeeBee to drink:-)

Comment

Deebs you have probably answered this many many times. But your picture is soooo cute. What is it? It makes me smile everytime I see it without fail. Love Moo

Comment

It's an ostrich Moo!
                      I chose is because Ostriches are natorius for sticking their heads in the sand when there is trouble -- you know so that they can't see that the sh*t is hitting the fan so to speak.
                      That's what I used to do -- but my head would be stuck in a box of wine whilst I pretended in drunken haze that my life was good :-( I am grateful not to be an Ostrich anymore:-)

Comment

And, my dream is to ride one, one day LOL what a hoot that would be!!!

Comment

I feel rather silly for not recognising it ....LOL. Maybe its the angle of the shot!!!!!!

Oh it would be fab to ride one....it has the most comical expression on its face. Maybe this is why they stick their heads in the sand!
                          from a Moo thats still laughing at herself....

Comment

Moo, you missed the CHRISTMAS OSTRICH that Deebs used for the holidays!

Someone here said that the ostrich looks like it swallowed a wasp...
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

LMAO Sun!! How are you???

Well, I have to travel north for work today so I've thought I'd take advantage of it and give the ole credit card a work out -- got my shopping list of goodies to look out for at the health shop and a list of plants I am needed for the garden (oh and in between I'll do some work lol).

Have a super day everyone:-)

Comment

Working...
                              X