How much weight loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much weight loss?

I'm just 4 days AF and feeling great. Would really be inspired to hear some weight loss stories - I know it took me 20 years to gain the (gulp) 50 pounds, but am hoping my body has a chance of recovering quickly. I'm 52 years old and glad to be past perimenopause. I'm sure that contributed to the increase in my drinking and weight gain.

How much weight loss?

Hi Lemonhead,

Congrats on 4 days AF!

Unfotunately my weight loss story has just begun, Chapter 1 is still just a thought lol, so not much inspiration there.

Check out the "tell us your story" thread as there are a number of stories there that inspire, especially DoggyGirls.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

How much weight loss?

Ok ... see my blog it's all there ...
      ?We are one another's angels?
      Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

How much weight loss?

5 stone!! That's like 30 odd kilograms -- half of me!!
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

How much weight loss?

Thanks for responses. It seems silly to be concerned about weight loss, but my "earlier" me was physically fit and confident. Taking a good look in the mirror is not fun. I'm hoping to begin an exercise routine now that I have a bit more energy. Doing some house cleaning today - the clutter and dust has to go, too.

Comment

How much weight loss?

Lemonhead, its not silly at all. Part of the reasons we drink is because we are not happy about aspects of ourselves or our lives. Getting sober gives us an opportunity to resolve some of those issues.
            In the last 4 months I have started running again, I still want to lose weight, but I am starting to feel more in control and able to do that.
            Good for you on taking this step!
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

How much weight loss?

Startingover,

Running ! That's great. I also stopped smoking January 2009 and have been tempted only briefly when alone and drinking. Another good reason not to drink. Are you takings meds or supplements?

Comment

How much weight loss?

I take Lglutamine and Kudzu.
                I also gave up nicotine in feb..thats hard isnt it?

Comment

How much weight loss?

Not silly at all!!! I am so amped to get my body back to where I am "comfortable" in my clothes:-)
                  Ohhh well done on quitting the twaks! I gave up the first of Feb -- I swear it was one of the hardest things (emotionally) that I ever had to do!

Comment

How much weight loss?

Deebs, I am loving this low carb. I have lost 4 pounds!

Comment

Working...
                    X