Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday August 25th

Good Morning Abbers,

Had a rough night last night, but like Diane said i would have regretted it so much this morning instead of feeling quite pleased with myself like i do now.
    Diane,Day 24 ( Brilliant ) and well done for not drinking in the bar yesterday, old habits die hard, and thanks again for last night, if it wasnt for you i might be sitting here now with a splitting headache.
    CV 1,It will be great to have you back here in Absville,and im sorry for the confusion yesteday, i hope your sons wedding went well,and wasnt too stressful for you.
    Lori, will be great to see you back in Absville again,missed you being around,hope the vacation went well and you've returned with you batteries fully charged.
    Lou, glad i could support you yesterday,i am surprised a few other people didnt chip in aswell,i know you are one of the first ones there if anyone needs some kind words or encouragment,hopefully its all done and dusted now.
    Shas,things should be a bit more organised around here from Sunday,it must be frustrating for you,i know it would annoy the hell out of me.
    Kathy, hope you had a great morning yesterday,was the new haircut for all your new mayors appointments,i remember a while ago you mentioned you were starting a new website,how is that coming along or is it still in the pipeline?
    Brigid,you were right yesterday,it is like getting hit by a train,how many days abs are you now? gotta be nearly 10 months is it?
    Kim, when i go to bed i think its early evening for quite a few Americans in Absville,but i enjoy waking up in the morning and catching up...
    Gabby, i remember somebody slapping my wrists when i disappeared,HAND.
    Susan and Bubba, i know you pop in now and again and i hope you are both well.
    Neices birthday party today, got her some rollerblades...Shes either gonna love em,or be in ER hope its the first one..
    Have a great day all.....Mackeral
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Friday August 25th

Mornin Mackster!

Gonna speak to bubba in a bit...RJ has barred her from the site for a wk!!!!
    You sound like such a lovely guy who just loves kids...why cant i find one of those as i really do want a football team,,,lol times runnun out tho, in nearly 30 :-(

Love ya millions babes

Lou-Lou x x x x
    "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Friday August 25th

Morning All....Absville is a great place! Mack, congrats on surviving all of the children, etc, and for taking the time to speak to all today...I'm sure that your niece will love the blades! Keep strong...and stick to your decisions, no matter what they are.

To all, have a very great successful stressfree day!:l

Comment

Friday August 25th

Very Bad Words!!!

Just managed to delete my post by hitting the wrong button. Sh*t!!!! Other very bad words, as well!!!!

Anyway, in shorthand, Great work, Mr. Mac!!! I'm glad you had Diane to cheer you on and get you through so you could wake up feeling great today! You're a good man, and I think Lou is right, we could use more like you! I'd love to hand over the Mayoral baton to you in Week 2!!

Lou, don't give up on your football team quite yet! I didn't have my daughter until I was almost 34, so you still have time! I hope you meet a nice, sober fellow just like Mr. Mac!!

CV, it's always good to see you here!

Welcome back from vacation, Lori, it's good to hear from you again.

And hang in there Shas. I'm happy to see you here more regularly.

Are you sure you won't be Mayor, Brigid?? Even for a measly week? Puleeze?? :H

I'm missing the Gabsters, as well. I think she is still with her Dad, and I hope this means that she is having a good time and everything is going well.

I miss Janet, Nancy, and Susan, as well. Hope they'll be popping in and posting soon.

My hair turned out pretty--Thanks Wayne! (preen, preen!) Makes me feel like I'm 40 again! LOL.

Anyway, I'm off to do some sewing, so I'll check in later.

Have a great day, all!

Hugs,
        Kathy:l

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Friday August 25th

Glad you made it past the craving, Wayne! It sure feels good the next day, huh?
          Hi everyone!
          I am on Day 25 now. Yay for me. I think I am going to extend my abs by another couple of weeks into September for some *gasp* dieting reasons. It sure feels good and it has been one heck of a learning experience.
          Diane M.

Comment

Friday August 25th

Why is bubba banned from the boards?
            Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Friday August 25th

Jen

Hey Jen...apparently she was causing some unrest yesrerday by speaking her mind with regards to comments made by unregistered people..having a go at us for having "private convos" which were not alcohol related!!! see thread titled where is my lou lou...i got quite p****d off wih them myself...cheeky bleeders!!!
              "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Friday August 25th

Lou wrote: Hey Jen...apparently she was causing some unrest yesrerday by speaking her mind with regards to comments made by unregistered people..having a go at us for having "private convos" which were not alcohol related!!! see thread titled where is my lou lou...i got quite p****d off wih them myself...cheeky bleeders!!!
                Geez, do we have to talk about alcohol ALL THE TIME?!? I think it's easier to build a community if we explore what else we have in common, right? Ho hum.

I have a bit of a stuffy nose today. Reminds me of being hungover. Which I'm so glad I'm not!
                Diane M.

Comment

Friday August 25th

Good for you Dieann and Kathy, I'm sure your hair is lovely! Perhaps we should spend money on our "grooming" because some of it takes so much time...lol.

I'm planning the intense full body cleanse with raw food for September in addition to the abs...very intense and taking cleansing herbs and drinking Psyllium and Bentonite shakes to clean my system out...Fall cleaning...hehe, oh fun!

I think more folks will show up when school and such is in full swing...:l

Comment

Friday August 25th

Dianne

You got my point exactly...we need to build relationships and friendships on here thats whst this is all about...so when we do come across an alcohol related problem... its not hard to just come on line an tell your FRIENDS about it!! try reading the post "wheres my lou lou" an see what the lovely unregistered have to say about us....ckeeky b******s!!!!

P.S..its on gen discuss

Comment

Friday August 25th

I'm sorry, but I don't think that the "unrest" is about the conversations not being about alcohol all the time. I have frequently posted and haven't talked about alcohol at all, and I haven't been criticised. I think it must be something else. I'm sorry that you are hurt and angry, Lou, and I'm sure that Bambs is hurting, too, but I sincerely don't think that the criticism was just about things not being alcohol related. I tried to post a gentle thought on one of the threads, and Bambs said something cheeky about my flag sewing. I wasn't particularly offended, since I've had a heck of a lot worse said to me on here!

I have to run to work right now, but I will give this more thought, if you are interested in the feedback.

Hugs,

Kathy
                      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Friday August 25th

I've done that before Kathy...Deleted a post by accident...Makes you feel like headbutting the screen.
                        I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                        One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Friday August 25th

Hey All Abbers,

It's been wild around here with wedding stuff and still gardening.

Drum roll pleaseeee..............the blackberry wine is ALL corked up as of today. Finally!!My job was the corking. We have a neat machine that does that. I made it!!!!!!!! I don't know how long can abbs with all this around!

Plan on going to a bridesmaid's brunch tomorrow and then to watch my grandson kick off his football season. All "dry" activities! Yea!

Gonna run for now....

Have a good weekend everyone! And great job Mac and all for holding out!
                          Nancy & Belle:l
                          "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Friday August 25th

Hi all.
                            I just worked out this is day 299!!!!! on the cusp of something about my theory of three!!!!!
                            hear the drums roll, the cymbals crash.. i'm so pleased.

but i still have this darn flu. its an epidemic in this small town i live in where shops are struggling to open cos everyone is sick. anyway, i'm just resting and taking things easy.

Kathy, no not even for a week do i want to be mayor. Not only do I not want to do it, but we frequently have visitors and my schedule is completely unreliable. I am still here though.

Brigid

Comment

Friday August 25th

Lou, let all of this go before it becomes more of an issue. You are looking to pick a fight. I am one of the unregistered, even though I am actually truly a member because I do not want to deal with nasty responses I would most likely receive from you in my EZ box. Your provocative nature does not let newcomers really see what this board is about. For the last time, LET IT GO!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X