NIA Dance Movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NIA Dance Movement

I have signed up for NIA classes beginning on monday and was wondering if anyone has been, or still goes for NIA classes?

Me, with two left feet -- so it should be a hoot for everyone else watching me.:H I would love to hear your opinion of it.

Watch Nia in Action | Nia

?Nia is movement-medicine for the body and soul.?

Nia simultaneously addresses the body, mind, emotions, and spirit, and puts them on the ?same page? using music, movement and personal expression to integrate one?s neurology (including the mind, emotions, and spirit) with one?s outer body, or musculature. To achieve this whole-being integration, Nia addresses the whole person using a comprehensive, holistic exercise approach designed with a combination of nine classic movement forms.

Nia Blends Nine Movement Forms

Martial Arts: T?ai Chi, Tae Kwon Do, Aikido
    Dance Arts: Jazz Dance, Modern Dance, Duncan Dance
    Healing Arts: Yoga, Alexander Technique, The Teachings of Moshe Feldenkrais

Nia teaches you how to physically interpret and internally direct your actions and choices, and to listen to the voice of your body and allow the body to be your guide in discovering Dynamic Ease. Practiced barefoot to music, Nia is self-guided, adaptable and safe for any fitness level, from stiff beginners to highly fit athletes. Delivering cardiovascular, whole-body conditioning, Nia is based on creating a loving relationship with the body and following The Body?s Way ? the innate intelligence of the body.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

NIA Dance Movement

This isn't like Dancin' to the Oldies or Disco is it !?! Ha! LOL IAD
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

NIA Dance Movement

Sounds brilliant Deebs. It conguers up quite a picture. Didnt know what it was until I read that so nothing to offer except interest and enthusiasm.

keep up posted after mondays class.....:goodjob:
      "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
      but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

NIA Dance Movement

Sounds great!
        I watched, but I didn't see anybody with 2 left feet!
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

NIA Dance Movement

Saint Jude;618705 wrote: Sounds great!
          I watched, but I didn't see anybody with 2 left feet!
          Me, I am the one with two left feet -- going to give the peeps behind me a good giggle:H:H
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

NIA Dance Movement

I looked at this too Deebs, it looks great. Let us know how it goes wont you. Or put a vid on you tube or summat :-)
            Seriously, I would be interested in it, but I looked and there are no classes near me..maybe in the future.
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

NIA Dance Movement

Sheri, I think you are right...its a private thing isnt it? LOL
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

NIA Dance Movement

IAD;618398 wrote: This isn't like Dancin' to the Oldies or Disco is it !?! Ha! LOL IAD
                IAD, you are telling us way too much about yourself with this type of post!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

NIA Dance Movement

How did the class go?

I watched the whole video and it looks like a great thing to do!!!!
                  Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                  - George Jackson

Comment

Working...
                  X