X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello . . . Anyone out there? August 25th

Universe was long but right on once again this morning:
    __________________________________________________ _______

Did you know, that whenever someone says, "I think I'm on to something HUGE, I'm so excited, I love my life, I have total clarity..." it's like hitting an "On" button that throws countless supernatural, invisible mechanisms into action that gradually begin physically rearranging the props and events of their life so that they'll soon yield something HUGE, generate excitement, inspire love and provide clarity?

And that whenever someone says "I don't know what to do, it's all so hard, I hate my life, I don't ever want to come back to time and space... " it's like hitting an "Off" button...

Of course you did.
    *****The Universe
    __________________________________________________ _______

Still trying to catch up here at work so will make my end short and sweet. Hope all of you are doing well today and we will all think about the "I am excited part of not drinking!"

Finished work at 7:30 last night, ran home made some eggs and headed to the hospital. My dad is OK, as good as can be expected. Won't be going home for a bit. Tuesday night my brother left so, it's back to pulling full time again.

AF yesterday. Still no exercise - geez, getting home at 10 or later just don't have it in me.

Have an excellent day!

:l :h
    Mary

Hello Mary
    Hope you are having a good day - glad to hear your dad is doing okay. Lots of love to you.
    Love Jen
    Don't knock yourself for no exercise for goodness sakes - you obviously have a lot on your plate, my dear!
    Hugs.
    Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Hello Mary and Jen,

I'm here!

I stumbled yesterday "see baclofen thread" but I had the night from H*** at the restaurant.

I was in the weeds "restaurant talk for can't keep up" from 6pm until 10pm and started running the second I walked in the door last night.

I had one table tell me that I gave them the worst service they've ever had:upset: I got into an altercation with my friend/coserver/bartender/manager and I waited on the local newspaper's restaurant critic!

It was honestly one of the very worst nights in my umpteenth year of waiting on tables.

There, now I feel better.

Mary,

I'm keeping you close in my thoughts and prayers:l I still love getting my notes from the Universe every morning.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
      :h :h :h :h

Comment

Geez, Rachele - I could never be a waitress. I am sure I would drop whatever in someone's lap! It would probably be the restaurant critics lap with my luck!!! sounded like the shift from HE**! I am so sorry that happened. Tomorrow will be better.

Jen, thanks for the advice. yeah, I really didn't notice until your mentioned that but have been secretly wishing I could get on the bike this week and being a little irritated with myself choosing the hospital over me every day/ Gotta do what you gotta do . . it is a stationary bike so it isn't going anywhere!
        What did you name your baby? Your avatar kitty looks like my Bart did. (Why the kids named him Bart.)

Hugs and Love to both of you! and thanks for the prayers . .he sure needs them!
        Mary

Comment

Guys--been so busy with school starting....been thinkning of you all so much...missing checking the boards like I was able to do this summer!! ...trying hard to keep on the exercise schedule I had for myself this summer--I started Topa this summer-so exer and mods were a "honeymoon period" and now I'm strapped for time going back to work full time and just "adjustining"!! TIME MANAGEMENT..THUS..MKR-my friend..as Jen says, don't be too hard on yourself...I know I feel better when I exercise... (I also feel better when I drink--Ha hA....) I've decided..exercize is WAY better than a drink and I feel better in the morning...!!
          Good night my dear friends,
          sm-mary

Comment

Hello all
            Kitty's name is Leia - like Princess Leia and she is running after a feather as I type this. What a doll.Glad to hear everyone sounds to be well. I know life can be hectic- thinking of you all
            Love and hugs
            Jen

Comment

Mods Definition?

Hi All!

So what do we consider moderate here? Two or three? Or maybe just on the weekend? Or what? I had two Margueritas and four white wines last night. That's not mods for sure!!!! I am really tired today and want to do abs today. Hope I can make it. I would just love to know what most of us are aiming for.

Good luck to everyone!

Ivy

Comment

Dear Ivy,

Welcome back!!

We are all different and naming out what will work individually. You can go by week count or daily count or simply try to figure out what works best for you.

I saw your post on the August 1 st thread. YEP! If there is rum in the house it is going to be more difficult for me than if it is not around plain and simple. So I have decided not to buy it for awhile. It has made mods much easier as I don't get a super big taste for anything else. Last rum and coke I had just didn't taste that great. . . much to my surprise! I am on the supps but no RX's so it is something else.

Pick how much exercise you would like to do
                How oftern you need to hear the cds etc.
                I have tried to choose to do one nice thing for myself everyday - past couple weeks with my dad in the hospital has kind of blown my exercise routine and my nice thing for myself.

Under tools they now have a drink counter - it is kind of cool because you can see your full months of drinks at one glance. Could even pick out problem days from it.

Good luck on abs today, I find it easier sometimes to just pick those days!

Hugs,
                Mary

Comment

Hey Ivy
                  I definitely Agree with Mary - I think that "what is moderate" depends on the person. Example - for me, having 4 drinks over the span of 7 hours can be moderate on a weekend night - compared to the 10 + + I know I would have had before....we are all works in progress...so I am just looking at how I have improved from before and how I feel over all.....for example, last night I went to a big party and over the course of 7.5 hours (6:30 pm - 2 am), I had 4.5 drinks. In the past, I know I would have probably had at least 10 and probably would have had shots as well...While many people probably wouldnt think 4.5 drinks was moderate, for me, this is really good. I was not drunk AT ALL, was completely in control of myself, went to bed with half a bottle of wine in the fridge, woke up feeling just fine and have no regrets today (no memory loss, no feeling of "what did I do/say last night?" etc., and I was one of the most sober ones at the party). So, while eventually, I probably want to be down at a lower drink count in one sitting than that, for now this works for me (because i am remembering where I was before) and how far I have come!!!
                  Hugs - hope that helps.
                  Jen

Comment

Hey, Jen, I am in the same boat. Last night I had game night with extended family. From 4:00 until 12:00, I drank 5 glasses of wine – one bottle. In the past, it would have been at least TWICE that amount. I went to bed feeling in control and woke up this morning feeling fine. So moderation is a very individual thing, and actual drink count can be misleading.

My personal goal is to do AF days Sunday thru Thursday, and mods Friday and Saturday, which will usually mean 2 or 3 for me. If I slip up in between, I promise not to beat myself up, but get back on the program and keep on working at it.

Overall, it just helps knowing I am doing SOOO much better than I was just two weeks ago before I found MWO. And the simple fact that we are here means we are on the right track.

Kat

Comment

Working...
                    X