Yogurt Cheese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yogurt Cheese

Put 2 cups of any kind of plain yogurt (low-fat, fat-free, or full-fat Greek-style) on top of the cheesecloth, place over bowl and let sit at room temperature a couple of hours or overnight to let the liquid drain.

This makes a creamy, semi-firm cheese that can be used in dips and spreads. If you like, mix in salt, pepper, garlic, and herbs before the draining process.
    Jane Jane

Yogurt Cheese

Wouldn't you mix in the herbs/garlic AFTER the draining process? Otherwise you'd lose half of what you added.

Comment

Yogurt Cheese

I see what you mean, but that doesn't seem to be a problem. It's a little easier to stir in seasonings while the yogurt is still soft, too.
      Jane Jane

Comment

Yogurt Cheese

I saw this just in time -- I have a huge tub of plain yoghurt that I bought for a recipe and didn't know what to do with the rest -- off to make some cheese:-)
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Yogurt Cheese

Greeks make a great dip like this, including garlic and chopped cucumber. WAY better than sour cream dip, and healthy!
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
          X