I have to stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to stop

Hi i have been drinking straight for about 10 days now. Im ok now, cos there is still alcohol in my blood, but i spend all my money and i know that i will not be able to drink more. My withdrawals are pretty bad. Is there anything i can do now, when i still feel ok to ease withdrawals tomorrow except drinking water? I am not able to buy anything cos i have no money. I have no support and its ok cos i don't deserve support. Its all my fault, please do not tell me otherwise. There is no way i am able to go to hospital. As i said i have no money, plus there are other people there who need help more than i do. I am still ok now. Please do not have any pity on me. I just want to know would it be better for me just not to sleep and just drink plenty of water? I have St John's Wort would it help if i take it and if yes how much is safe?
    Thank you

I have to stop

Hi commo! Welcome and congratulations on your effort to stop. If you still have alcohol in your blood and your withdrawals are pretty bad, well... that concerns me. I'm not going to tell you to go to the hospital but you need to ask yourself if you just might need to. Severe withdrawal can result in seizure activity and death. That aside, I'd drink as much water as I could, and eat small and often. I'd try to get a few walks in and sleep as much as possible. Get it while you can because it may take a while to come back to you. I think the St. John's Wort would be good. Doesn't it say how to take it on the container? You could probably safely double what is recommended. Good luck!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I have to stop

Depending on how much you drink, water may not be sufficient. You have the risk of having DTs and possibly having a seizure. Do you get the shakes if you try to quit or does your heart race?
      Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

I have to stop

I don't think i ever got DT but i got shakes and i can see spots. Is this DT? The question im asking is it better not to sleep, i am so afraid of waking up in the morning. I do wake up waking up with the horror. Maybe its better just not to sleep and slowly wear it off?

Comment

I have to stop

With drawls are nothing to play with I hope you will take care of yourself. I am praying for you and sending an Angel to watch over you. please take care and if it gets to bad ............go to the hospital......PLEASE !!!!
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I have to stop

Hello and Welcome Commo
            As the others have said, withdrawal can be dangerous. I don't know where u live, but where I live, if you have no money or insurance, you can apply for charitable care. I had to withdrawal with medical supervision. I could not have done it without help and medication. Please let us know how you are gettting on. Best wishes.
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I have to stop

newby , i feel like santa claus,thats what this site is a bout ,a gift,we all suffer,i could go on ,but i wont,youve found a good family,some bitter,some sweet,drink water,worry about you,sounds selfish,but you will no what i mean,if it gets really bad,rt now m really tired,but i seen your thread,im here for you,i wish you well, gyco

Comment

I have to stop

I'm certainly not qualified to give advice (I'm still drinking), but one thing that seems to help when I'm trying to cut down is to taper off.. as in, for example, waiting for the shakes to start, having a few sips of whatever I have on hand, and then wait it out again, etc. If you're out of money / alcohol, obviously you can't do it this way, and maybe it's a bad idea anyway ... I don't know the best way, but I know it did help me a couple of times.

Other than what's been said by the great responses so far, I just wanted to add my good thoughts and wishes to you. We're all in the same boat here - or have been at some point.

P.s.. I know how you feel about the hospital, but please don't rule that option out. I'm not sure how things work where you live, but you may be able to pay off your bill bit-by-bit.... and you ARE worth it. Who knows what's around the corner for you ... friends, family ... strangers who could benefit from your advice after having gone through this .... you never know. Don't put yourself down, K? We've all done things we're not proud of, but we're all worthy of a good life. Keep moving forward and fighting for a good life.

How are you doing today?
                AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

I have to stop

commo;623291 wrote: Hi i have been drinking straight for about 10 days now. Im ok now, cos there is still alcohol in my blood, but i spend all my money and i know that i will not be able to drink more. My withdrawals are pretty bad. Is there anything i can do now, when i still feel ok to ease withdrawals tomorrow except drinking water? I am not able to buy anything cos i have no money. I have no support and its ok cos i don't deserve support. Its all my fault, please do not tell me otherwise. There is no way i am able to go to hospital. As i said i have no money, plus there are other people there who need help more than i do. I am still ok now. Please do not have any pity on me. I just want to know would it be better for me just not to sleep and just drink plenty of water? I have St John's Wort would it help if i take it and if yes how much is safe?
                  Thank you
                  babe u dseserve as mnuch support as u do for the fact u are a bresthing human ok im with u hun j feel where u are at u are not alone

Comment

I have to stop

how are you today? Did you sleep?
                    Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.

Comment

I have to stop

Commo,

Yes, please check in and let us know you are okay.

Withdrawals can be dangerous. If you are experiencing bad ones, get to the ER, money or not. Librium is very inexpensive and could save your life.

Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I have to stop

Commo, i think the hospitals will take you in. you really want help when you withdrawl. drink plenty of water. gosh i think sugar helps. if you are taking anti-depresants stay away from st john's wart. keep us posted. we care

Comment

I have to stop

Wishing you lots of support and well wishes. Please post to let us know your okay. Your not alone.

Mich
                          :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
                          AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

I have to stop

commo,
                            Please let us know how you are. Welcome to MWO...withdrawals can be UGLY....please take care of yourself.
                            Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

I have to stop

Call your local AA Chapter. They can probably tell you where you can get treatment without cost. Or, usually there is an "addiction crisis" hotline number in the phone book that can also help.

In the U.S. this can be found most anywhere. I would think the same in the U.K. and Austrailia and other developed countries?

What part of the world do you live?

Comment

Working...
                              X