Sat 26th Aug!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sat 26th Aug!

Well guys i was ony 2 days away from a whole month...but for some reason i decided to drink myself silly last night, to the point where i coundnt even walk without hurting myself...i am coverd in bruises an everything hurts...i know my nan had to put me to bed with a mug of hot milk...an she just sat there listening to me waffle on an givinng me cuddes, i was doing so well an i feel like such a failure now...you know shes 75, im supposed to be here to look after her...she is an angel and i love her so much, she was so lovely to me last night....i feel like i dont deserve people like that in my life...i feel so guilty. i dont want her to have to deal with this when shes allready poorly..or listen to me goin on like a big drama queen !!!!!! i know GET A GRIP!!!! Ill be ok Thanks for listening guys..loads of love as always

Lou-Lou x x x x
    "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Sat 26th Aug!

Morning eveyone,
    I dont know what to say Lou other than i did the same thing 2 weeks ago. Although it feels like the end of the world because you had a drink and you were doing so well.....It isnt.
    Try and use this as a learning exsperiance, your abs days will soon start to add back up...Look at Brigid...300 days ( your gonna have to treat yourself Brigid when you hit the big 365 )
    Like you said Lou you got your Nan to look after...You gotta meet Mr right....You got a family to start....All this is gonna so much easier as Sober Lou.
    Try not to worry or beat yourself up too much today.
    To everyone else today Nancy Cv1 Kathy Brigid Diane Bubba Lori Shas Kim and 8 or 9 other people i cant think of at the moment hope you all have a good day....Mack x
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Sat 26th Aug!

Good morning Mack, and all.

I'm getting ready to make my trek to NC to pick up the dog and cat for a week of pet sitting, so, although I'm not looking forward to the hours in the car, Gizmo the puppy is just a little doll and Missy the kitty will have some fun fighting with my philippino kitty, Itty Bitty. So, it should make an interesting week in the Metro DC area...lol. So much for politics for me for a few days.:H Just some fun watching the animals, although Itty Bitty likes to chase poor Gizmo so he's glue to my hip!

Anyway, best wishes for a successful day and a wonderful weekend.

Comment

Sat 26th Aug!

Hope you have a good time CV, i suppose your in the same boat i was in the other day with the kids....Although animals cant answer you back.....Thanks for the recipe by the way....Gonna use that one.....Mack

Comment

Sat 26th Aug!

Well Hope Saturday Brings You All Well.Here At Absville .. Had 3 hours sleep last night after my Topa incident and am feeling a bit sparkly eyed... Glad to hear everything is back to normal-ish after my Explosion Hmmmm.... Not Good.

Well Macks Gonna go and catch myself a few hours of 'Kippers' !!!!
          ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Sat 26th Aug!

Macks, quite right about the animals. Cats are so easy and the Gizmo takes tons of attention and walks, but he gives so much more than he gets. Welcome on the recipe...I like things as simple and tasty as possible. Have fun baking!!:H

Comment

Sat 26th Aug!

Hmmmmm

Happy Saturday all!! It is soooooo good to be working more. Finally getting ahead of the bills at last and soon will be able to put away again for the tax man!! Don't like that guy, but he does come to visit every year on April 15th!! Gets mad if I don't give him his due!!

Sorry about your slip, Lou, but most of us have done that, and yes, you can pick yourself up!!! Good luck, girl!

Hope things go better for you, too, Bambs, after the "explosion". I have found that the "delete" or "back" button is a wonderful help on those occasions when I have been drinking and have wanted to post!!! I have gotten in trouble when I didn't use it! The morning after stinks, but it takes a good woman to apologize!!

Macks, you are great, as always!!!

CV, you rock, but you know that, don't you???

I'm going to treat myself to a nap, and then I'm going to sew like crazy!!!

Lotsa love!:heart:

Kathy
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Sat 26th Aug!

Hi everyone,
                Well I"m on day 300. soon it will be 3000!!!!!

I'm not going to stop being abstinent. Its an easier way of life.. less complicated.. brings fewer regrets, is healthier for me and may help me live longer.

For various business reasons I am not going to be posting as much as I have this past month on mwo. I will still come to the abstience forum on occasion but from Monday (tomorrow) its going to be a bit full on for me and my life of luxury time is coming to a close. This is a new adventure in my life and a very exciting time which will be even better because of my sobriety. I could have never made the decisions I have in relation to this new adventure if I hadnt changed my life around.

Good luck everyone... and good luck me
                Brigid

Comment

Sat 26th Aug!

Will miss your regular insightful posts Brigid. Good luck to you on your new venture! Look forward to hearing from you in the future. Please keep us posted! Gina

Comment

Sat 26th Aug!

Hey Brigid

Good luck with your new adventure but DO send us the occasional postcard, please.

Tawny

Comment

Sat 26th Aug!

Hey Brigid,
                      You were one of the first people i read about when i turned up here..I dont want you to go...It sounds though like you have got your life in order....and thats what we all want...300......eh......good luck to you....a real insperation...I hope you pop in when you can...Wayne

Comment

Sat 26th Aug!

checking in

Checking in real quick all is good...just been exhausted the last 2 days. Luckily we didn't have much planned this weekend. The bright side is that even the alcohol monster is to tired to mess with my head. Seems of late it does most of it talking on Wednesday and Thursday...in anticipation of the weekend--but once its here I am fine.

Brigid---300 days is really awesome! Big congrats!

Lou--even after times I slipped and it sucked big time--it gave me some perspective on just how much it really sucks. I try to keep it front and center how awful it felt--really detracts the attraction of doing it again. Here would be a typical drinking episode for me:

Want to drink-fight it--go get some anyways.
                        Start drinking--after two I would start to feel great and wonder why I ever wanted to stop.
                        Keep going. Do stupid things. Finish it all.
                        Start to feel sick, throw up.
                        Pass out in bed. Wake up sick, tired, full of anxiety, hating myself, trying desperately to remember everything I did. Remember clearly why I wanted to stop.

The 2 hours that I would feel great are not worth the hours, days and weeks of anguish. My drinking voice tries to make me minimize the bad parts--when actually they were huge!

Hope everyone is well--

Kim

Comment

Sat 26th Aug!

Thank you Kim....its nice to know that im understood

x x x x x
                          "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Working...
                          X