Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone gone from Naltrexone to Topa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was curious to know if anyone started of trying Naltrexone but found that Topamax worked better.

Thanks

Pete, I have gone from Nal to topa to Nal and BAC again..............LOL
    Seriously yes. I have tried all the anti craving meds alone and in combination. For me Baclofen worked the best.
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

What do you think was it that made it best?

Comment

Baclofen gave me a feeling of being calm and relaxed as well as taking the cravings away. Baclofen had no bad side effects at all. I think you could try taking it with topa or Nal to see which would work the best you. Experiment until you find the combination that takes the cravings away and doesn't cause any other bad side effects. That is the only way that you will be able to find out. We are all different. There is no set rule.
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Pete - Just a suggestion. You seem to be doing SO well on the Nal. Why mix more right now if you may have found the combo that works?

I say, and I have no right to, try one thing - adjust as needed. But take it slow so you are aware of what IS working.

I went from Topa TO Nal - Topa made me crazy and too many side effects for me. Othershave great luck with it.

Comment

Thanks WTE. Good advice and I will take it. Actually, I tried Topa and it wasn't for me. I have some of it and I am going to run out of Nal before my new order comes in. If it's not illegal to do so and there is someone in the US who has Nal and wants Topa, I was going to offer to trade.

Comment

Maybe there is someone in the US who has some Nal that can lend you some till your order arrives and you can send it back? I could send you 10 pills but it will take weeks to arrive (Spain).

Comment

Hi Pete!

Good choice on sticking with the Nal. I, too, tried Topa a couple times and well, it didn't seem to cut it for me. I am on my second week of Nal, and things are going....too soon to tell, obviously, but I feel optimistic!

Good luck!!

ps. I always am concerned about running out......I guess those days you don't have, if not a lot, you could just aim for AF.....just a thought.
                AF July 6 2014

Comment

Thanks Christy. I am all jazzed up from reading the Baclofen thread and might just do that. I'll go AF and on Baclofen and see how that goes until the Nal gets here. The problem is if I don't manage to go AF. If you have been taking Nal and then you stop taking it, but drink anyway, it's not supposed to be good for the addiction extinction effort.

Comment

Pete1;625723 wrote: Thanks Christy. I am all jazzed up from reading the Baclofen thread and might just do that. I'll go AF and on Baclofen and see how that goes until the Nal gets here. The problem is if I don't manage to go AF. If you have been taking Nal and then you stop taking it, but drink anyway, it's not supposed to be good for the addiction extinction effort.
                    This is exactly right....that's why I suggested AF. Have you re-ordered? How long would you have to go until your Nal arrives? I really do stress about that....I'm in Canada and it takes forever to get here, IF it gets here. I'd say 2 months on average.....
                    AF July 6 2014

Comment

I ordered from river and I am in California. Yes, they take forever and I only have 12 or 14 pills left. It sucks because even though I am only one week into my Sinclaire experiment, it is going well. It's too soon to think I can go for a AF for a month or whatever it will be between when I run out and when I get the new stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X