Toolbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toolbox

Can someone tell me how to get to the toolbox? I have really hit the bottom of the vodka barrel. I spent last weekend drinking from 7AM until passing out at 9PM.....I have taken to hiding the bottle under the back seat of the car and pouring it into pop bottles to start drinkiing at work an hour before going home. I wake up in the morning shaking so bad I cant put my makeup on without poking myself in the eye. I think this behavior has even started affecting my eyesite as it seems to be going downhill rapidly.

Today is my day one......I must stop this bahavior or I will die and it wont be long.
    Finally Free

Toolbox

Thank you Zen....I shall see if there is anything there that will help me.....I am shaking so bad I would probably not do very well on chat.:l
    Finally Free

Comment

Toolbox

Red, can you soak in a hot bath in epsom salts & baking soda? Got any chamomile tea?
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Toolbox

Actually, I just got up....a bath sounds good. Doc gave me some librium last time I went thru this so might take one of those. I am over the stages of guilt and now into anger.....why do I have this monkey on my back? Why did I fall victim to this horrible malidy that turns us into monsters? Well, I guess the whys dont matter, it is what we do to make ourselves better. I have some green tea basking in the sun on the front porch.....hope it will be ready this afternoon. Thanks guys!
        Finally Free

Comment

Toolbox

I tried topa but it did not agree with me. I do need to get back on my other sups thou....amazing how good a person feels after taking the all in one vita....ran out....need to get more. For today, I shall take a chewable kids vitamin!
          Finally Free

Comment

Toolbox

Careful on the caffeine red. Your nerves are jangled enough already.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Toolbox

I didnt think that Green tea ha caffine Greeny....lol, anyway thanks all for the support, I am off to bathe then make some breakfast for the kids and I. I def don't eat well when I am pouring the poison down my throat.....thats an Idea....I shall think of it as drain cleaner!
              Finally Free

Comment

Toolbox

Dear Red, I LOVE YA my DEAR SWEET LADY !!!!
                Now get yourself some baclofen..........will you PLEASE !!!
                PM me anytime, as I am sure you already know ???
                sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Toolbox

Hey Evie....just ran thru the baclofen site.....I really want to try it but my doc is very AA oriented and I ha to beg him for the Topa......I fear that if I go back to him, he will absolutely insist in in-patient treatment and I cannot do that at this time. I will have to if the balc dosnt work.....can you pm me with the online site? You guys are all helping me thru a very difficult time.
                  Finally Free

Comment

Toolbox

By the way, it is 10:30 AM here and I still have not taken a drink......I know it seems sad but I am already better off than yesterday:upset::upset::upset:
                    Finally Free

Comment

Toolbox

Red,

I completely understand being happy that by 10:30 a.m. you aren't drunk yet.

Many of us here are that kind of drinker, me being one, and I totally understand.

Hang in there one hour at a time today.

Truth is, it takes days to start feeling better. But, they do go by and after 5 or 6 days, suddenly things start looking a little brighter.

One trick that Chief taught me is to simply pretend you have the flu. You just have to get through it.

Love,
                      Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Toolbox

im here for you red anytime .. big big hugs to you girl ..just do your best .. and use my number ..
                        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Toolbox

Ok now, 12:20 PM and still no drink. Took my son to the Legion BBall pancake feed. Talk about the shakes and trying to drink a glass of orange juice and talk to people......probably not the greatest idea but it got me out of the house and it was something I could do with my son.

Thank you all for your support!
                          Finally Free

Comment

Toolbox

Sugar helps..........L Glut under the tongue and kudzu for cravings are good ideas and easy to get, both from the health-food store.
                            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Toolbox

Red,

Yay!!

But, please remember withdrawals can be dangerous for some people. You don't want to have a seizure or stroke.

If you start feeling bad, have someone take you to the ER. Librium is the usual med and it is very inexpensive.

Take care of yourself!!

Love,
                              Cindi

ps I see you ordered the Baclofen, too. I am just way too excited about it. It is going to be a long two weeks.... :-) Here's to all of us!!
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X