Ch-ch-changes COMMUNICATION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're discussing communication on the ch-ch-changes thread this week.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak.
    Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
    ~~ Winston Churchill

I had a friend once whose husband sat in silence as she drank and drank and then one day he left her.

I have been fortunate that my hubby has always been able to share his concern and displeasure with the times that I have drank too much and embarrassed him. I have to admit that it was never easy waking up in the morning knowing that he was mad at me because of what I had done or said the night before but at least he was able to communicate with me.

Because of that, I know a big part of my getting help and coming here and making changes in my life were the fact that he could communicate his unhappiness about my drinking to me.

My children also starting communicating displeasure. Once on vacation my oldest son said the friend that he met had a mother that was alcoholic. He communicated it in a way that he could have finished the sentence with "too". That was a huge eye opener for me and I came here shortly after that and turned my life around.

What communication stories do you have to share?

Hugs. :l
    Eve11
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Eve, I generally love your topics here. But I think we already discussed truthfulness or something like that, so I have nothing new to say here. How about organization for a topic?
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
    X