AAAAAAgggggggg.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AAAAAAgggggggg.

Day 5. Sweats were bad last night and this afternoon after a really shitty day the feeling came back like Day 1 and 2. This is such a weird feeling. If I had some I could chug it (which I never could before). I am craving sugar so badly and I did just eat a bar but I feel like I could eat the box, or just go outside and gnaw on a big fat tree.

WHAT IS THIS AND WHAT DO I DO TILL IT GOES AWAY?????
    Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.

AAAAAAgggggggg.

I wish I could give you some experienced advice, but I can only hope to be asking for Day 5 advice some day soon myself ... That said, I think your body is doing its detox thing - a good sign - and maybe craving the sugar that you used to consume alcohol-wise ..... And, from what I've heard, that all can be up-and-down for days.. and sometimes weeks for some people ... And, although it sounds like like cr@p to go through, it will go away. Hopefully it will pass soon.

Maybe a hot bath, a walk or other exercise, or a cup of tea, or some sort of outdoor distraction (gardening?) will help to get your mind off of it, until it goes away? *hugs* to you. Keep up the good work!

Oh ... and CONGRATS on how far you've come - Wow, Day 5 .. Nice job .. Very nice!
    AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

AAAAAAgggggggg.

ok...I bought tea yesterday. I'll chig some of that with my gnawing of my new tree. Oh man this totally sucks. I am trying to loook for work at the same time so can't excercise right now (now that's a good excuse!)...making tea...chai kind.
      Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.

Comment

AAAAAAgggggggg.

Mmmmm, tree.

Comment

AAAAAAgggggggg.

P.s...... Please post an update on how you're doing!

Comment

AAAAAAgggggggg.

Please be encouraged that this will pass for sure.

The best tea's are peppermint, chamomile , valerian and skullcap to assist.

Warm baths are soothing as is drinking warm lemon water.

I know how terrible withdrawls are. I would eat fruit for the sugar. I have read actually that sweets are not the best. But, it is really what makes you feel better.

Hope you feel better soon~
            :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

AAAAAAgggggggg.

Colbe,
              Good for you getting to day 5. Keep going now that you've invested some time! Good to know we're not alone in any of this.

I'm about to post an update on my detox so far - only 2nd day - but thought I'd offer some words of encouragement to you first. I was reading RJ's book last night, and the sugar cravings are def the AL. I know when I was first in an AL detox unit, I was crazy for sugar like you wouldn't believe. Theme and 42 are right - try fruits, sweet tea (I like camomile and cranberry/raspberry mix) - keep the fluids up and know this will pass. Having commitments like job-hunting are not so great - keep your stress levels low as poss - then again, maybe the distraction is good - we're all different...

Hang in there. It does get better. Staying stopped is the tricky bit!
              KAYLA

Current attitude towards addiction: Why ask why? Just accept that it is, and go from there ...

Comment

AAAAAAgggggggg.

So how did the tree go down? Kidding but I do really like your sense of humor. I hope things will get better for you soon. My dad actually went through some pretty severe DTs (post surgery - his doc had no idea how much he drank). Anyhow, he had a ton of shakiness, sweating, etc. Once he finally got out of the hospital (the DTs obviously hindered his recovery from surgery) he ate candy like you wouldn't believe - however the shakes and sweats had stopped. I guess the sugar cravings may linger for awhile.

You are doing great - is your bf still being supportive? I am sure during this especially difficult time it would be helpful to have someone in person to lean on. We are all here for you though!!!!!!!
                AF since - 5/24/09
                edit - except 4 glasses on 6/16/09

Comment

AAAAAAgggggggg.

Popping into the thread for a bite of bark.

How you doing?

Comment

AAAAAAgggggggg.

The L-Glutamine is supposed to help with the sugar cravings.

I also have used the frozen juice bars no sugar added to help when a real craving for sugar hits.

Hang in there!! This will pass.

Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AAAAAAgggggggg.

It should be over soon. It always amazed me that days 3 and 4 could actually be much worse than 1 and 2. I had a very rough time 18 days ago. At night I would go for long slow walks. Better than seating it out in bed and I never slept anyway. Also I drank gallons of water; I was so dehydrated from the al.
                      Do you really have to look for a job right now?
                      Good luck. Know that someone in the wilds of the southwest is sending good thoughts your way.
                      sped

Comment

AAAAAAgggggggg.

:applaud::applaud::applaud:It just gets BETTER and BETTER for the rest of your life.
                        Sobriety is WORTH THE FIGHT .......IT REALLY IS !!!
                        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

AAAAAAgggggggg.

HI Guys, Yhanks so much for eveything. I didn't get on last night because I was too busy eating crap! Yes, it did pass but took a really long time and I was really grouchy the whole time. It's amazing my family puts up with me.

To answer some questions...yes I do have to look for a job right now, I am starting my own biz (again) but getting started is always slow especially now and the things I need (unlimited phone and internet, car up to date...stuff like that are costing me over what I am bringing in). The tea I had in there helped (or was it the 1/2 gallon of honey I dumped in there?). I was never a sugar fan but then again, who would know with all the AL I was drinnking for so long everyday. Yes, my BF is still being supportive BUT he is going on vacation the day after tomorrow and I will be here by myself. I will need you guys like all get out! I had the option to go but at first I didn't want to go because I didn;t want his family to see how much I can put away. Now I don't becuase while he is fishing and golfing I would be sitting around doing nothing...besides I need to stay here and work and look for work. My night sweats are still there but seem to be getting better...maybe another week? I am on Day 6 somehow. My firend invited me to a suprise party (at a bar) tonight at 7pm. Ug. On of the reasons for me doing this is to stop blowing people off becuase there wouldn't be alcohol there. Now I don't want to go becuase there WILL be alcohol there. I think I can handle it, but I KNOW I will be bored to death...to go or not to go?!

I feel "OK" now but it's later in the day that really gets me. I will check in often today...someone in here said it, I came too damn far to quit now. It sucks but I am NOT GIVING IN NOW (maybe later ..).

Oh, and about my tree, I finished it, but not to worry, there are more in the yard.

Thanks again guys! Till later today...best to all of you as well!

Comment

AAAAAAgggggggg.

Colbe, way to go. Im very excited to see your progress going foward. I never was a sugar person but i find i need it on days i dont drink.

Comment

AAAAAAgggggggg.

Good on you Colbe -- you hang in there.

Try adding Xylitol to your tea instead of sugar.... much better for you. My biggest down-fall has been eating what ever I like when ever I felt like like it, I highly recommend you try and eat healthily as it NOT fun trying to get rid of all the excess weight at a later date.

Good luck with the job hunting.
                              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
                              X