What's kudzu??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's kudzu??

Hi!, I've been a heavy drinker for 20 yrs., but the last 8 years have been horrible. The past couple years I've tried to stay sober but usually after 1 month of white knuckling it (which is a HUGE HUGE accomplishment) I have a drink and go into a horrible binge for weeks. I just started campral and on day 3. After I get done with my terrible withdrawals (been hospitalized more than I care to say) I feel motivated and start feeling "healthy" again, when out of the blue I pick up a drink and I'm off to the races again. My doc was talking about Naltraxone, but with no insurance it's way to expensive. I guess my question is: What is kudza, can you get it at a local health food store, what's the dosage and cost? I'm really really eager to start this. It sounds like it could help with those sudden "out of the blue" cravings. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks a bunch!!:new:

What's kudzu??

Hi Chippy ~

Welcome. Sounds like you have been through a lot. Fact is you keep getting back on that horse and that is the only way to beat this. Stay strong and never, ever give up no matter what! My hat off to you.

Now to answer your question, Kuzu is an herb that many use to cut cravings. You can go to the Health Store link at the top of the page and find the product and it's description there. I hope this helps you.

Love, Me
    :l
    Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

What's kudzu??

Day 5 on Campral

Hi

Thanks for responding with such encouraging words and explaining what kudzu is. I'm on day 5 now on Campral and feeling pretty good. I've also been reading the book "Healing the Addicted Brain" which is explaining more of the neurilogical part of alcoholism. I'm loving this web site and look forward to logging on everyday!!

Thanks, :thanks:

Chippy

Comment

What's kudzu??

Good luck Chippy and Welcome!

I haven't tried Campral, but it sounds as if it is helping you- keep us posted.

Comment

What's kudzu??

Way too go, Chippy!!

Keep up the great work. This site was my saving grace. These people are amazing. Keep reading and logging. You will always have support.

Best wishes to you.

Love, Me
          :l
          Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Working...
          X