Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cindi's Baclofen Progress

6/2/2009 5 mg 8:00 a.m.
    5 mg 13:00 Not feeling any serious side effects yet. Not really tired at all. Grateful to be doing this, though.
    5 mg 17:00 No serious side effects all day. Feeling good so far. :-)
    AF April 9, 2016

Yeah CINDERS .......!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Good luck Cindi.

Comment

Aaah. Thank you all. It is so nice to have friends who care and understand.

:l:l
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cindi!!! I am thrilled!

I was a bit worried about one thing, as I was when I started the Sinclair method- meds seem to affect me more than most- (this can have lots of disadvantages, I often get sick after taking even OTC meds for mild complaints such as a headache) however in the case of the Sinclair Method it was very helpful as the drink just wasn't the same for me, and it made it difficult for me to drink, although others reported no such benefits) I guess using Baclofen will be somewhat similar as already at 20mg my cravings are low- NOT non-existent, but low.

I think I am an exception rather than the norm- so I hope other people don't get despondent when they don't feel anything at the dose I am taking- and think it isn't working for them...Don't give up- Just keep steadily titrating!!

I am not referring particularly to Cindi, but it has been worrying me that comparing might not be helpful for those just starting out on the treatment as we will all lose our cravings at different doses- the important thing is that WE WILL LOSE THEM!!!!

I look forward to hearing your progress Cinders- everything is crossed!!

Comment

I'm so happy for you Cindi, beyond belief!

And, as I said in another post, I also appreciate marbella's input on this subject immensely.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Good luck Cindi!!!
              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Marbella,
                The Sinclair Method?..are you taking naltrexone or baclofen?

Comment

YAY! Congrats Cindi!
                  I am so happy you have a wonderful psychiatrist it seems willing to work with you on this and prescribe this wonderful treatment for you.
                  I am starting to forget what cravings felt like. This is going to work out so great for you and look forward to watching succeed and read it here!

Comment

Hey Cin! We really are on the same day together. So far, I'm good too.

By far the biggest thing in my mind is "can I tolerate the side effects" since topa was an absolute hell for me"

See you tomorrow:h:l

Comment

What are the typical side effects? You said so far no "serious" side effects, but apparently some? I too am like Marbella.... simple medications that others take with ease and no side effects can have a big effect on me. Amazing that I ever could tolerate alcohol. I could not handle Topa. I can handle headache meds as long as I have food in my stomach, but anti-depressants and anything much stronger will make me nauseous and unable to function.

I know there are threads about this... I should go read them, but I was just curious as to a quick answer without hours of reading.

Cindi... I am interested to see how you do and sounds like this is good so far!
                      If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Prest,

My only "side effect" has been a "mellowness" that Marby talks about.

Otherwise, nothing.

Not too sleepy to work or think.

No nausea, no confusion (topa dopa here, yikes!!) no ill effects at all. Just the mellow feeling.

My doctor wants me to titrate up very slowly. She says the dosages we are discussing are pretty hefty and if that is what it takes, that is what it takes, but to use caution in going there. She is on my side, so I will do as she suggests.

HTH,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

6/3/2009

5 mg this a.m. No side effects at all.
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cindi I am feeling like my prayers for you are being answered and I am so happy, happy, happy !!!
                            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Cindi I'm sure there must be at least a million fingers crossed for you. And candles lit and prayers said. You have kept you chip up in this vigilant fight and raised many others as well. You honestly have my undying admiration. :l
                              sigpic
                              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                              X